Welcome new CEO - Carol Tome'

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Question: Who cares?

If you choose to work 60 hours a week doing manual labor and make more than an onroad, good on you.

I chose to go into management because I didn't want to spend 30 years doing manual labor. There's nothing wrong with it. Most drivers work hard. It's an honest, respectable living. I drove for a few years and then chose to go into management. I have been in management for 15 years and am happy with this decision.

It's not a contest. Do what makes you happy and be happy with it. Why the competition over salary? To me it is apples and oranges. I can climb to division manager or higher. You guys can climb to feeder driver. For me it's not just current salary. It's opportunity, not wanting to do manual labor, etc. I get it....this is where you say we are all glorified cover drivers. I couldn't disagree more. In my 15 years, I have pulled routes maybe a dozen times. And I was the first one raising my hand to pull a route.

The bitterness and resentment here is just ... sad.

You must work over in the BOG

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Where do you think the bitterness and resentment came from?
Do you think everybody walks in the door on the first day thinking the boss is a dick and I’am going to try and make his life miserable?
For most this is learned behavior

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Where do you think the bitterness and resentment came from?
Do you think everybody walks in the door on the first day thinking the boss is a dick and I’am going to try and make his life miserable?
For most this is learned behavior
Fake news! You can always blame your miserable life on your boss... Grow the friend up. :wink-very:

I guess I should thank Carol
My package car was getting ready to go to the bone yard but with do more with less a decide to put some money into it and put it back on the road instead of buying a new package car

Dragon

Package Center Manager

If you choose to work 60 hours a week doing manual labor and make more than an onroad, good on you.

I chose to go into management because I didn't want to spend 30 years doing manual labor. There's nothing wrong with it. Most drivers work hard. It's an honest, respectable living. I drove for a few years and then chose to go into management. I have been in management for 15 years and am happy with this decision.

It's not a contest. Do what makes you happy and be happy with it. Why the competition over salary? To me it is apples and oranges. I can climb to division manager or higher. You guys can climb to feeder driver. For me it's not just current salary. It's opportunity, not wanting to do manual labor, etc. I get it....this is where you say we are all glorified cover drivers. I couldn't disagree more. In my 15 years, I have pulled routes maybe a dozen times. And I was the first one raising my hand to pull a route.

Well said DaveA.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I'm sure our customers are getting their money's worth on the air savers...

I'm still trying to figure out why we are offering 2 day am service when we don't honor the commit. It makes them no different than 2 day. I've tried to explain that to customers, they just shrug. Ok, an extra 5 bucks for nothing, at least half a penny of that might go to help shore up the pensions. Lol.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
my last stop fri night was a “saver” ....at 7:30pm, I hope the business employees didn’t want paychecks this weekend. Oh well , I followed Orion LOL
🧔✊

I was late with checks to an apartment office yesterday too. Caught one of the employees on her way out. At least she got her check.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I guess I should thank Carol
My package car was getting ready to go to the bone yard but with do more with less a decide to put some money into it and put it back on the road instead of buying a new package car
We have a standing order in for 5 more package cars and about half of our fleet is ready to be crushed.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Lighten up Francis. Lol.