Welcome new CEO - Carol Tome'

Swear to God it blows my mind away
This company needs to learn how to treat people like people hourly and management

All the good supervisors are jumping ship and going to the competition

Now we always 25-year-old 30-day wonder boys and girls telling people how to do their job
We don't service the customers
Jesus h we don't have a commit time on air savers or second day a.m.
I'm sure his customers are still paying full price for it though

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Swear to God it blows my mind away
This company needs to learn how to treat people like people hourly and management

All the good supervisors are jumping ship and going to the competition

Now we always 25-year-old 30-day wonder boys and girls telling people how to do their job
We don't service the customers
Jesus h we don't have a commit time on air savers or second day a.m.
I'm sure his customers are still paying full price for it though
Too late for them to change now. Just laugh at this circus until you retire. No management cares about service anymore....just the perception of service. Look at how many EC packages we have now. Misloads, closed after 5, whatever, hide it so it doesn't show as missed. Happens all day every day.

Too late for them to change now. Just laugh at this circus until you retire. No management cares about service anymore....just the perception of service. Look at how many EC packages we have now. Misloads, closed after 5, whatever, hide it so it doesn't show as missed. Happens all day every day.
And they drink the brown Kool-Aid so hard they actually believe it's a good action plan...
Lord help us all

Karma...

there are still those us who hold onto whats good in the old...I am fully aware that much has changed especially since going public.....its been a slow at first then a quickening slide down hill......carol is our last and best chance to turn ups around and stop Jim Casey spinning ...

AKCoverMan

I make sure they tell me EC via DIAD, and if it’s not really an EC condition I reply “No, I cannot sheet dishonesty.”

What'dyabringmetoday???

carol is again as always ahead of the curve saying that ups this year is prepared for peak and will exceed wall streets expectations with the stock steadily going up........finally a ceo with a good head on the shoulders.......the future looks great.....planning planning planning .....execution.........remember...PPPP.........poor planning prevents panic............proper planning prevents pandemodium
Is that stock going up still?

DaveA

Lol. We make more.

Question: Who cares?

If you choose to work 60 hours a week doing manual labor and make more than an onroad, good on you.

I chose to go into management because I didn't want to spend 30 years doing manual labor. There's nothing wrong with it. Most drivers work hard. It's an honest, respectable living. I drove for a few years and then chose to go into management. I have been in management for 15 years and am happy with this decision.

It's not a contest. Do what makes you happy and be happy with it. Why the competition over salary? To me it is apples and oranges. I can climb to division manager or higher. You guys can climb to feeder driver. For me it's not just current salary. It's opportunity, not wanting to do manual labor, etc. I get it....this is where you say we are all glorified cover drivers. I couldn't disagree more. In my 15 years, I have pulled routes maybe a dozen times. And I was the first one raising my hand to pull a route.

The bitterness and resentment here is just ... sad.