Well I've got my sign . I'm ready to picket and cause havoc . Just tell me what I'm picketing for !!!

oldngray

nowhere special

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I guess those were fake churches….TTKU

You have to be some sort of megalomaniac to think that just because you didn't know something happened means it didn't happen. I often wonder what drives these people to try to gaslight others about things they themselves know nothing. Two possibilities come to mind, either they have a God complex, or they are being paid to spread misinformation.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Never heard anything about anyone protesting at churches. As usual another right wing scare tactic.
Jesus said to him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen, and have believed."
Church.jpeg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Numerous groups have openly said they're going to try and disrupt services at Catholic churches. I hope they do because freedom to worship is a constitutionally guaranteed right that will result in fines and jail time if they do. Assuming they are in a conservative jurisdiction.
Notice no outrage from the usual suspect-Democrat talking heads? They go nuts if an abortion clinic is in focus or a mosque has issues.

fishtm2001

Notice no outrage from the usual suspect-Democrat talking heads? They go nuts if an abortion clinic is in focus or a mosque has issues.
Tabatha Abu El-Haj, an expert on protest rights at Drexel University’s law school, said that the current protests at justices’ homes qualify under the statute and that the statute, if tested, would probably be found constitutional.

“The statute would seem to apply both because … they appear to be picketing and parading with the relevant intent and at the relevant locations,” Abu El-Haj said, “but also because the statute has a catchall ‘resorts to any other demonstration in or near any such building or residence.’ ”

Timothy Zick of the College of William & Mary agreed.

“The conduct appears to be within the statute’s prohibition,” Zick said. “Picketing includes activities such as demonstrating and protesting. The court has upheld properly tailored restrictions on pickets that target a particular home.”

Box Ox

Tabatha Abu El-Haj, an expert on protest rights at Drexel University’s law school, said that the current protests at justices’ homes qualify under the statute and that the statute, if tested, would probably be found constitutional.

“The statute would seem to apply both because … they appear to be picketing and parading with the relevant intent and at the relevant locations,” Abu El-Haj said, “but also because the statute has a catchall ‘resorts to any other demonstration in or near any such building or residence.’ ”

Timothy Zick of the College of William & Mary agreed.

“The conduct appears to be within the statute’s prohibition,” Zick said. “Picketing includes activities such as demonstrating and protesting. The court has upheld properly tailored restrictions on pickets that target a particular home.”

Help me understand what's up for debate here:

18 U.S. Code § 1507 - Picketing or parading​

"Whoever, with the intent of interfering with, obstructing, or impeding the administration of justice, or with the intent of influencing any judge, juror, witness, or court officer, in the discharge of his duty, pickets or parades in or near a building housing a court of the United States, or in or near a building or residence occupied or used by such judge, juror, witness, or court officer, or with such intent uses any sound-truck or similar device or resorts to any other demonstration in or near any such building or residence, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both."

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Help me understand what's up for debate here:

18 U.S. Code § 1507 - Picketing or parading​

"Whoever, with the intent of interfering with, obstructing, or impeding the administration of justice, or with the intent of influencing any judge, juror, witness, or court officer, in the discharge of his duty, pickets or parades in or near a building housing a court of the United States, or in or near a building or residence occupied or used by such judge, juror, witness, or court officer, or with such intent uses any sound-truck or similar device or resorts to any other demonstration in or near any such building or residence, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both."
I believe picketing a judge is also against Virginia law more broadly, without the qualifier of obstructing, impeding, or influencing their duties.