I'm Tired....

moreluck

golden ticket member
Sorry for Being 63
"I'm Tired" by Robert A. Hall

I'll be 63 soon. Except for one semester in college when jobs were scarce,` and a six-month period when I was between jobs, but job-hunting every day, I've worked, hard, since I was 18. Despite some health challenges, I still put in 50-hour weeks, and haven't called in sick in seven or eight years. I make a good salary, but I didn't inherit my job or my income, and I worked to get where I am. Given the economy, there's no retirement in sight, and I'm tired. Very tired.

I'm tired of being told that I have to "spread the wealth around" to people` who don't have my work ethic. I'm tired of being told the government will take the money I earned, by force if necessary, and give it to people too lazy or stupid to earn it.

I'm tiredof being told that I have to pay more taxes to "keep people in their homes." Sure, if they lost their jobs or got sick, I'm willing to help. But if they bought McMansions at three times the price of our paid-off, $250,000 condo, on one-third of my salary, then let the left-wing Congress-critters who passed Fannie and Freddie and the Community Reinvestment Act that created the bubble help them with their own money.

I'm tired of being told how bad America is by left-wing millionaires like Michael Moore, George Soros, and Hollywood entertainers who live in luxury because of the opportunities America offers. In thirty years, if they get their way, the United States will have the economy of Zimbabwe , the freedom of the press of China , the crime and violence of Mexico , the tolerance for Christian people of Iran , and the freedom of speech of Venezuela . Won't multiculturalism be beautiful?

I'm tired of being told that Islam is a "Religion of Peace," when every day I can read dozens of stories of Muslim men killing their sisters, wives and daughters for their family "honor"; of Muslims rioting over some slight offense; of Muslims murdering Christian and Jews because they aren't "believers"; of Muslims burning schools for girls; of Muslims stoning teenage rape victims to death for "adultery"; of Muslims mutilating the genitals of little girls; all in the name of Allah, because the Qur'an and Shari'a law tells them to.

I believe "a man should be judged by the content of his character, not by the color of his skin." I'm tired of being told that "race doesn't matter" in the post-racial world of Obama, when it's all that matters in affirmative action jobs, lower college admission and graduation standards for minorities (harming them the most), government contract set-asides, tolerance for the ghetto culture of violence and fatherless children that hurts minorities more than anyone, and in the appointment of US Senators from Illinois.

I think it's very cool that we have a black president and that a black child is doing her homework at the desk where Lincoln wrote the emancipation proclamation. I just wish the black president was Condi Rice, or someone who believes more in freedom and the individual and less arrogantly of an all-knowing government.

I'm tired of a news media that thinks Bush's fundraising and inaugural expenses were obscene, but that think Obama's, at triple the cost, were wonderful; that thinks Bush exercising daily was a waste of presidential time, but Obama exercising is a great example for the public to control weight and stress; that picked over every line of Bush's military records, but never demanded that Kerry release his; that slammed Palin, with two years as governor, for being too inexperienced for VP, but touted Obama with three years as senator as potentially the best president ever. Wonder why people are dropping their subscriptions or switching to Fox News? Get a clue. I didn't vote for Bush in 2000, but the media and Kerry drove me to his camp in 2004.

I'm tired of being told that out of "tolerance for other cultures" we must let Saudi Arabia use our oil money to fund mosques and madrassa Islamic schools to preach hate in America , while no American group is allowed to fund a church, synagogue, or religious school in Saudi Arabia to teach love and tolerance.

I'm tired of being told I must lower my living standard to fight global` warming, which no one is allowed to debate. My wife and I live in a two-bedroom apartment and carpool together five miles to our jobs. We also own a three-bedroom condo where our daughter and granddaughter live. Our carbon footprint is about 5% of Al Gore's, and if you're greener than Gore, you're green enough.

I'm tired of being told that drug addicts have a disease, and I must help support and treat them, and pay for the damage they do. Did a giant germ rush out of a dark alley, grab them, and stuff white powder up their noses while they tried to fight it off? I don't think Gay people choose to be Gay, but I damn sure think druggies chose to take drugs. And I'm tired of harassment from cool people treating me like a freak when I tell them I never tried marijuana.

I'm tired of illegal aliens being called "undocumented workers," especially the ones who aren't working, but are living on welfare or crime. What's next? Calling drug dealers, "Undocumented Pharmacists"? And, no, I'm not against Hispanics. Most of them are Catholic, and it's been a few hundred years since Catholics wanted to kill me for my religion. I'm willing to fast track for citizenship any Hispanic person, who can speak English, doesn't have a criminal record and who is self-supporting without family on welfare, or who serves honorably for three years in our military.... Those are the citizens we need.

I'm tired of latte liberals and journalists, who would never wear the` uniform of the Republic themselves, or let their entitlement-handicapped kids near a recruiting station, trashing our military. They and their kids can sit at home, never having to make split-second decisions under life and death circumstances, and bad mouth better people than themselves. Do bad things happen in war? You bet. Do our troops sometimes misbehave? Sure. Does this compare with the atrocities that were the policy of our enemies for the last fifty years and still are? Not even close. So here's the deal. I'll let myself be subjected to all the humiliation and abuse that was heaped on terrorists at Abu Ghraib or Gitmo, and the critics can let themselves be subject to captivity by the Muslims who tortured and beheaded Daniel Pearl in Pakistan, or the Muslims who tortured and murdered Marine Lt. Col. William Higgins in Lebanon, or the Muslims who ran the blood-spattered Al Qaeda torture rooms our troops found in Iraq, or the Muslims who cut off the heads of schoolgirls in Indonesia, because the girls were Christian. Then we'll compare notes. British and American soldiers are the only troops in history that civilians came to for help and handouts, instead of hiding from in fear.

I'm tired of people telling me that their party has a corner on virtue and the other party has a corner on corruption. Read the papers; bums are bipartisan. And I'm tired of people telling me we need bipartisanship. I live in Illinois , where the " Illinois Combine" of Democrats has worked to loot the public for years. Not to mention the tax cheats in Obama's cabinet as well.

I'm tired of hearing wealthy athletes, entertainers, and politicians of both parties talking about innocent mistakes, stupid mistakes or youthful mistakes, when we all know they think their only mistake was getting caught. I'm tired of people with a sense of entitlement, rich or poor.

con'td

moreluck

golden ticket member
from previous post.....

Speaking of poor, I'm tired of hearing people with air-conditioned homes, color TVs and two cars called poor. The majority of Americans didn't have that in 1970, but we didn't know we were "poor.." The poverty pimps have to keep changing the definition of poor to keep the dollars flowing.

I'm real tired of people who don't take responsibility for their lives and actions. I'm tired of hearing them blame the government, or discrimination, or big-whatever for their problems.

Yes, I'm damn tired. But I'm also glad to be 63. Because, mostly, I'm not going to have to see the world these people are making. I'm just sorry for my granddaughter....

Robert A. Hall is a Marine Vietnam veteran who served five terms in the Massachusetts State Senate.

bbsam

Staff member
What is this? Some kind of Tea-bagger's manifesto? Suck it up cry-baby. $250,000 condo?!? My heart bleeds for you. The downtrodden of the 21st century.

tieguy

Banned
What is this? Some kind of Tea-bagger's manifesto? Suck it up cry-baby. $250,000 condo?!? My heart bleeds for you. The downtrodden of the 21st century.

funny how you used the 250,000 condo as your basis and not the left wing millionaires reference.

moreluck

golden ticket member

I think the term you were fishing for was "tea-partier"....the other term is obscene !!!:sick:

island1fox

The term is obscene for an obscene movement.

Sure, an obscene movement whose intention is to unite all American's --Democrat, Republican, Independant who are sick and tired of all Politicians lying to us and spending our money like druken sailors.
Politicians live the "viva loca" laugh at us behind closed doors ---and God forbid when the stupid silent for too long Majority---speak out for REAL change --Promises made --Promises Kept ----of course some only complain either --right or left ---but will never support what will truly be good for all. Same old --same old --what special interests groups make out now ---what special interests groups make out under the next Republican Administration.
To truly change this ---vote all incumbents out --again and again --it is the only thing they understand --THEIR power- But of course any movement in this direction is obscene ????:dissapointed:

purplesky

We are all tired. ITS just not a matter of left and right Mr. Hall. Most Americans are in the middle and you crying about the so called left is crap. Its just not that simple. Nobody likes to pay taxes but you need to suck it up. Is this guy receiving a check for being a Senator? A veteran? Just man up and quit trying to label people that arent perfect like you. Old man you never saw GLOBALIZATION in your young man years so quit living in the past. ITS A DIFFERENT WORLD NOW. GET USED TO IT! Hopefully your grandaughter wont end up with a drug dealing Muslim who lives on welfare. :wink2:

diesel96

I'm tired...worked all my life. Grateful for landing a solid Union Job that Conservative corperate suck ups are successfully extinguishing along with good non-union middle class jobs....

I'm tired...of hearing Conservative people who don't want to pay their fair share of taxes and complain about "spreading the weath" by classifying EVERY down on their luck person as lazy, stupid, drug addict people who are just victims of job layoffs, housing scams, and abusive spouses.

I'm tired... of hearing Conservatives blame the left wing, Fannie,Freddie, and the CRA for creating last year's super reccession without mentioning the FED, Republican control for the last eight years, and lifting regulations in place on credit and lending practises.

I'm tired.... of Conservatives slamming Hollywood types who use their Celebrity status to raise awareness, donate their time and money, create benefits, charities, and telethons for desperate humanitarian needs, and who use their forum to speak out against dumb Gov't policies and inaction.

I'm tired...of Conservatives sterotyping a billion muslims in the world as wife, sister, daughter, Christian and Jew killers. There's no doubt there are atrocities happening in Muslim countries and households who abuse human rights in the name of religion, but lets not forget there are atrocities happening here at home as well, not to mention the bible asks women to be submissive to man, and the constant attempting intrusions of religion in our bedrooms and Gov't....
Not to mention dumb things religious leaders say in this country such as Haitians made a pack with the Devil, and gays and abortions doctors caused 9/11....

I'm tired...of Conservatives blaming affirimitive action, for their failures, eventhough opportunities are proportionally much greater on their side of the tracks. Did I mention, a quality Education in this country should be affordable for ALL of our children, not just for kids who can punt, pass, kick, run, jump, or hit a baseball, where the University looks the way on Education so they can make millions on TV contracts...

I'm tired... of "some" conservatives who are upset that we have a President who doesn't look like most Americans and his kids are doing homework on Lincoln's desk, therefore conjure up conspiracy theorys of fake birth certificates , and the conception and birth in an African hut....

I'm tired...of Conservatives complaining about Obama's inagural expenses and security. Charges inccur when a frenzy of relieved Americans that showed their support of kicking the old guard out, and shuffling in the new in earth shattering record numbers in DC. Unfortunately with the good comes the bad, with a unpredented number of death threats aim at Obama by crazy Rt Wings whackos increasing maximum security measures and expenses...

I'm tired....of Conservatives sterotyping Arabs and muslims of teaching nothing but hatred and disdain for Americans in Foreign funded Mosques and Islamic schools here in the US....

I'm tired....of hearing Conservatives deny facts and scientific data accepted by most climatologist and scientist not tied to big business, of the damage that burning fossil fuels and green house gases released into the atmostphere is melting our polar ice caps and creating abnormal weather patterns around the world....

I'm tired...of Conservatives ( and in some cases Democrats also) blocking the legalization of marijuana and possibly other recreational drugs. Of the wasted dollars spent on the War on drugs, the expense of incarcerations, the lost revenue made on the sale of legalized drugs, and the potentiality of decrease gang violence, gun running, and smuggling.

I'm tired ....of Conservatives complaining about illegal aliens, immigrants, and spanish speaking people when after all they do the undesirable jobs conservatives would never do and hire at their business for cheap labor for maximum profit. Not to mention many in fact hire them personally to have Consuela and Maria come clean their house along with Tito and Julio to mow their lawn....

I'm tired...of Chickenhawk Conservatives wrapping themselves up with the flag and claim sole ownership supporters of the military when in fact recruiting offices blanket impoverished and middle class communities where many of our brave soldiers are spawned under economic neccessity and volunteer not only for love of their country, but for opportunistic endeavors...

I'm tired....of Conservatives who deny the "middle Class" has been squeezed almost out of existance, and that stagnant wages insure that both Parents must work just to make ends meet by living paycheck to paycheck. Tired of those that deny daycare, healthcare, and higher education costs puts tremndous strains on American households who live vicariously close to bankruptcies and foreclosures with one injury or job layoff away....

I'm tired...of Conservatives accusing others of not being responsible for their lives and actions, of accusing this new Gov't can't do anything right, yet walked in single file lockstep with every spending bill and dumb policies the previous Conservative Administration conducted....

I'm tired...of writing this long of a post, but I can go on, and on when it comes to Middle Age Conservative E-Mails that all sound the same:peaceful:

Last edited:

bbsam

Staff member
not voting for tax and spend liberals you won't.
A chance I'm willing to take. New York, the entire east
coast and California all have both "tax and spend" liberals and thousands of millionaires. I think I should be able to replicate their example.

tieguy

Banned
A chance I'm willing to take. New York, the entire east
coast and California all have both "tax and spend" liberals and thousands of millionaires. I think I should be able to replicate their example.

I think your loyalty is great. I wish you could pay all my taxs for me. Maybe your guys can change the laws. let me pay less and let you pay more out of love for Obamas spending.

bbsam

Staff member
I think your loyalty is great. I wish you could pay all my taxs for me. Maybe your guys can change the laws. let me pay less and let you pay more out of love for Obamas spending.
Sorry, were in this together. Just like the Bush tax cuts. Washington giveth and Washington taketh away. If it makes you feel better, my children will be paying for the Iraq fiasco and American health care so politicians of all stripes have been spending their money.

island1fox

Sorry, were in this together. Just like the Bush tax cuts. Washington giveth and Washington taketh away. If it makes you feel better, my children will be paying for the Iraq fiasco and American health care so politicians of all stripes have been spending their money.

bbsam,
It makes me laugh --The Bush tax cuts reduced taxes to every taxpayer by about 5% but the spin continues to be "tax cuts for the rich"
If the Bush tax cuts were so evil --why in the past twelve months the Democrat President, House and Senate ---have not taken the Tax reduction out ?????

Why --when it does happen 10% unemployment will seem low !!!:wink2:

bbsam

Staff member
bbsam,
It makes me laugh --The Bush tax cuts reduced taxes to every taxpayer by about 5% but the spin continues to be "tax cuts for the rich"
If the Bush tax cuts were so evil --why in the past twelve months the Democrat President, House and Senate ---have not taken the Tax reduction out ?????

Exactly where is it that I even hinted that the tax cuts were "evil"? And where in my statement did I infer "tax cuts for the rich"? My point is that politicians of all stripes spend outside their budgets or in the case of the Bush team simply leave little things like spending on 2 wars "off the books". And I believe the tax cuts were left in place for two reasons: 1. part of the stimulus mindset, and 2. letting them expire is politically easier.

Now your turn. If the tax cuts were so good, how did the country end up in a financial meltdown at the beginning of the Obama administration? The Republican wisdom seem to be that tax cuts spur economic growth, so what happened? Why did we have huge deficit spending even not including war spending?

10% unemployment? Institute the draft/civil service corp and make service mandatory for some age groups like in Israel. Then stop extending unemployment benefits. Problem solved.

diesel96

bbsam,

Island....the days of offering tax cuts for the rich and conducting massive military spending at the same time...equates to massive "BORROWING". Where and how is your concern of paying it back ?