Went through all the steps, passed intergrad training and getting the run around about start date.

You very well might be starting as full time and not full time seasonal. I know here(and other parts of the country) they recently outsourced our HR department so the delay could be related to that. Seems like every route that comes up for bid lately is changed into a training route. I can’t keep up with all the new faces anymore.
I appreciate your response. I’m hoping for full time but I may just try and stick it out even if it is seasonal. I worked at the job I just left for 15 years I would like to work for ups until I retire..but I know now not to count on it

Up In Smoke

It's important to know if you are a permanent hire or a seasonal. Under our local language a permanent can qualify during a "free" period. Thirty working days in a ninety day period to gain seniority. If the employee gains seniority prior to November 15th they count against the vacation numbers for the following year and are allowed to select vacation weeks with their classification. If they qualify between November 15th and December 31st, they don't count towards the percentages, but select weeks for the next year.

newbie777

Ok I'll try to keep this as short as possible
I applied, had the interview, on 9/23, after that i completed my driving test, physical and drug screening and got the date to start training the next tuesday. I completed my intergrad training and passed this past friday 10/2. The guy who did the training told me to call the next day for my start date in which I did and was told to call sunday. Called Sunday and they told me to call Monday.. its Thursday and they are still saying to call the next day. I don't know why I am having such a hard time getting a straight answer. I also was told that it was for a full time driving position during the interview AND training period and now reading up on it I think I was mislead.
So my question is why didn't they tell me I had a fat chance at working full time and even a driver if that's what i trained for? And they kept mentioning that the next 3 months will be the hardest because I have to work my butt off and prove I want it, if they aren't even planning to give the chance to become full time? WHY ARE THEY NOT RESPONDING OR GETTING BACK TO ME ABOUT THE START DATE? any information/advice would be greatly appreciated. Im from Ma btw so im not sure if everywhere is different.
I finished integrad September 13th 2019, and didn’t start my packet until October 22nd 2019. There are other drivers training. You have to wait until a training route opens.

CoolStoryBro

You give UPS way too much credit. UPS has little idea of what's going on. All UPS knows is that soon we will need more drivers. So start hiring and training drivers.

BUT, UPS will not actually use you as a driver until package volume increases and they actually need more drivers. Until that day you are on standby. They will never tell you about this upfront. But that is how it is.

OR UPS does not have enough full time supervisors and training routes available to train you. And they are waiting for someone to qualify and move off their training route. Which would open up a slot for you to slide in and start on your training route.

Whatever frustration you feel now is nothing compared to what you will experience in the future. UPS does not care about you 1 bit.

I hear you. And I believe you. I went to get my check and they said it wasn’t ready yet. They also said I was seasonal and I said my piece about how they should have told me.. I also offered to be a driver helper until they needed me to drive because they can treat me like :censored2: al they want.. if there is the slightest chance I’ll be chosen to stay I’m gonna work my ass off for it.. I know ups doesn’t give a :censored2: about me

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Ok I see this isn’t the forum to get any kind of help. Thanks for the sarcasm ..
tenor.gif

Ackerlin

Ok I'll try to keep this as short as possible
I applied, had the interview, on 9/23, after that i completed my driving test, physical and drug screening and got the date to start training the next tuesday. I completed my intergrad training and passed this past friday 10/2. The guy who did the training told me to call the next day for my start date in which I did and was told to call sunday. Called Sunday and they told me to call Monday.. its Thursday and they are still saying to call the next day. I don't know why I am having such a hard time getting a straight answer. I also was told that it was for a full time driving position during the interview AND training period and now reading up on it I think I was mislead.
So my question is why didn't they tell me I had a fat chance at working full time and even a driver if that's what i trained for? And they kept mentioning that the next 3 months will be the hardest because I have to work my butt off and prove I want it, if they aren't even planning to give the chance to become full time? WHY ARE THEY NOT RESPONDING OR GETTING BACK TO ME ABOUT THE START DATE? any information/advice would be greatly appreciated. Im from Ma btw so im not sure if everywhere is different.

They don't have enough volume to "use" you and are saving you for peak volume so to get as much out of you while not allowing you to qualify.