Western Conference Pension Trust Continues To Remain Strong

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
received statement of plan health today.
funded % is 93.7 2021
for 2022 projected to be 98.1 %

nice. 'One less thing to worry about " friend.G.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Is this anything to do with funding or not related?

Just from skimming the article the eight plaintiffs are suing both the UPS Pension plan for mostly part time employees and the UPS Retirement Plan for high salary management employees. Both are defined pension trusts and are totally controlled by the UPS Board of Trustees and the Plan Administrators, apparently they were not adjusting the joint spousal survivor benefits according to life expectancy.

Class action suit that will affect everybody who has or had vested years in both plans, including union membership.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Just from skimming the article the eight plaintiffs are suing both the UPS Pension plan for mostly part time employees and the UPS Retirement Plan for high salary management employees. Both are defined pension trusts and are totally controlled by the UPS Board of Trustees and the Plan Administrators, apparently they were not adjusting the joint spousal survivor benefits according to life expectancy.

Class action suit that will affect everybody who has or had vested years in both plans, including union membership.
Gee, UPS wanted to take control of our pension funds in 1997. I do wish we could get COLA raises like Social Security but I knew what I was getting into when retiring. I could have received an extra 120-150 a months for every extra year worked. Was not worth it to me. No regrets.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Gee, UPS wanted to take control of our pension funds in 1997. I do wish we could get COLA raises like Social Security but I knew what I was getting into when retiring. I could have received an extra 120-150 a months for every extra year worked. Was not worth it to me. No regrets.

Your Western Conference pension benefits are really in a good place. They could negotiate COLA improvements easily next Contract for those members who haven’t retired yet.

If UPS got hold of your pension benefits in 1997 I can guarantee that those in the Western would be getting the same as those in the Central and Southern. Definitely not close to 300 dollars for every service year currently.

Over70irregs

I always figured every extra year is one less year of passive free $. Hard to replace a full vested year with a couple of hundred dollars per month.

CHEMA-DELMA

New Package Car in my area, look's like the copied the Aircraft colors

Attachments

• new paint scheme.jpg
    new paint scheme.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 77

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I always figured every extra year is one less year of passive free $. Hard to replace a full vested year with a couple of hundred dollars per month.
Had a buddy work an extra 8 years for the bigger pension. Never understood why since he and wife were very well set.
Quality of Life is more important.

My spouse and I are gonna take a drive around fabulous Lake Tahoe to meet a guy who chainsaws pieces of trees into bears and we are going to purchase a couple for our front deck. Then have a nice lunch overlooking Emerald Bay.

To us this is as good as it gets. We live a simple life and like it this way.

Over70irregs

Had a buddy work an extra 8 years for the bigger pension. Never understood why since he and wife were very well set.

My spouse and I are gonna take a drive around fabulous Lake Tahoe to meet a guy who chainsaws pieces of trees into bears and we are going to purchase a couple for our front deck. Then have a nice lunch overlooking Emerald Bay.

This is the way…..

35years

Gravy route

Oh...
Now it is 8 years?
You posted a thread on this and said 5 years.

Sometimes you say you make more doing your side restoration job than your pension.
Then you post you and the hubby made $130k+ in retirement.
Then you post you learned to get by on far less than before you retired.
Then you post you pay almost no taxes.
Hard to believe anything you post.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Oh...
Now it is 8 years?

Sometimes you say you make more doing your side restoration job than your pension.
I think I have more than one buddy.......
and all of my extra income is under the table...........sheesh.

you need to get a life.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Oh...
Now it is 8 years?

It’s a sad way to go out…

Oh...
Now it is 8 years?

Just call him or her Pinocchio

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Got my annual (12th) letter reporting the unchanged, continued, critical status of the fund I’m in.
It’s never failed. The check is deposited every first day of the month. Thinking critically, I don’t worry.

Over70irregs

Lol. Just look at bonds sir. If someone gives you any amount of (🌽), consider yourself extremely fortunate. They made a conscious choice to part with the best and scarcest form of money to ever exist, and deemed you worthy of receiving some.