How did you take your retirement payout?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Avg new car note is $700+ I believe?
Mrs cold drives a newer suv because she pretty much keeps this family from falling apart but you don’t even want to see the pos I drive around…it’s embarrassing parked along the rows of f350’s and new Rams, Tesla’s, hell we even have a couple newer Porsches in the lot….lol

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I definitely qualify for mental
I never thought about it until a retired driver told me about it. Said to get the ball rolling before I reached FRA because after that you cannot apply.
They see your record. See your were a good boy. Paid and then took it at 62.
Stuff also happens to your body as you age that would qualify you after retirement. Keep good records and keep going to the doctor and complaining (back, knees, BP, anxiety, take your pic)
"Why did you quit working?"
"I was not physically or mentally (which ever you go for)." Get a gravy job after you retire and quit. You just can't work anymore.
Paint the picture, get the money.

I never thought about it until a retired driver told me about it. Said to get the ball rolling before I reached FRA because after that you cannot apply.
They see your record. See your were a good boy. Paid and then took it at 62.
Stuff also happens to your body as you age that would qualify you after retirement. Keep good records and keep going to the doctor and complaining (back, knees, BP, anxiety, take your pic)
"Why did you quit working?"
"I was not physically or mentally (which ever you go for)." Get a gravy job after you retire and quit. You just can't work anymore.
Paint the picture, get the money.
I'll do it the honest way

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
The retired UPS driver is not the usual candidate applying.
SS disability lawyers love to see them walk in the door. They know usually it will butter their bread. If they take your case, 99% chance you will get it.
It got me a $5K backpay check after the lawyer took his part and $800.00 more a month for life.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
Mrs cold drives a newer suv because she pretty much keeps this family from falling apart but you don’t even want to see the pos I drive around…it’s embarrassing parked along the rows of f350’s and new Rams, Tesla’s, hell we even have a couple newer Porsches in the lot….lol

I loved driving my beater to work. When a guy would get a nice new car I would look at it and tell him "One day when I get a good job I will be able to have one" Knowing I could write a check for it right then.
I'm lucky even my wife doesn't want to get rid of her 2005 Toyota Corolla with 170,000 miles. It needed a paint job and I told her that was going to be $2000+ so I talked her into going to the local Toyota dealer to see if she might want a new car. She looked at a new Corolla and said "no" so I said try a new Camry. We took it for a test drive then sat down with the salesman. He had met me where I wanted on the price for a cash deal but then my wife said "Hold up, I want to sleep on it" the salesman started pressuring me to put down money to hold it. I said nope she wants to sleep on it so I'll let you know in the morning. We wake up the next morning and my wife says "Paint my car." Love that woman!

Thebrownblob

I loved driving my beater to work. When a guy would get a nice new car I would look at it and tell him "One day when I get a good job I will be able to have one" Knowing I could write a check for it right then.
I'm lucky even my wife doesn't want to get rid of her 2005 Toyota Corolla with 170,000 miles. It needed a paint job and I told her that was going to be $2000+ so I talked her into going to the local Toyota dealer to see if she might want a new car. She looked at a new Corolla and said "no" so I said try a new Camry. We took it for a test drive then sat down with the salesman. He had met me where I wanted on the price for a cash deal but then my wife said "Hold up, I want to sleep on it" the salesman started pressuring me to put down money to hold it. I said nope she wants to sleep on it so I'll let you know in the morning. We wake up the next morning and my wife says "Paint my car." Love that woman!
170,000 miles? What are you a Rockefeller? We have a Corolla with 240 K I’m just a dirt poor driver.😆