Western Conference transfer

charmschool

I signed up on the transfer list posted in my center this October. Per the contract: "A transfer list will be posted in each center which will become effective January 2nd of the following year." I also read about the 24-hour window we have to say yay or nay if offered a transfer. So to those who have transferred in the recent past, a few questions:
Where you notified about your transfer eligibility around Jan. 2? How were you notified?
How soon did you pack up, move and start working?
Did your paycheck change when you moved? Different rate of pay?

Feeder665

Go big or go home!
I put my request in in October 2010 and it went through in March 2011. They notified me on a Friday that I was to report to my new center on Monday. Lucky for me it was two centers closer. So it actually made life easier for me. For me it was same pay and all as I stayed within the territories of my same union. So really there was no real issues.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I signed up on the transfer list posted in my center this October. Per the contract: "A transfer list will be posted in each center which will become effective January 2nd of the following year." I also read about the 24-hour window we have to say yay or nay if offered a transfer. So to those who have transferred in the recent past, a few questions:
Where you notified about your transfer eligibility around Jan. 2? How were you notified?
How soon did you pack up, move and start working?
Did your paycheck change when you moved? Different rate of pay?
I transferred from so cal to Washington. I sat on the transfer list for about 6 months before h.r. called me. I said yes right away. The company gave me 1 week to get up there and start working. My new WA state center manager gave me a couple extra weeks to put my house on the market and get my affairs in order before I came up to WA. He was very cool about it.

ManInBrown

I transferred from so cal to Washington. I sat on the transfer list for about 6 months before h.r. called me. I said yes right away. The company gave me 1 week to get up there and start working. My new WA state center manager gave me a couple extra weeks to put my house on the market and get my affairs in order before I came up to WA. He was very cool about it.
How different is it working in Washington compared to S Cal? When I retire I want to move to the Northwest.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
How different is it working in Washington compared to S Cal? When I retire I want to move to the Northwest.
I absolutely love it up here. I live out in the woods about an hour out Seattle.

work here is terrible. Chronic understaffing issues and excessive overtime everyday since I’ve been here.

so cal ran far better

I absolutely love it up here. I live out in the woods about an hour out Seattle.

work here is terrible. Chronic understaffing issues and excessive overtime everyday since I’ve been here.

so cal ran far better
That’s called small building syndrome.

Did you have any issues with your medical since it takes 2 months to get initial coverage?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Did you have any issues with your medical since it takes 2 months to get initial coverage?
I don’t remember having any sort of lapse.

Teamcare may have changed this but when I was working we would work the current quarter to get benefits for the following quarter. When i retired in June 2018 I was covered through Sep 2018 and was then transferred to the retiree plan on 10/1.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Teamcare may have changed this but when I was working we would work the current quarter to get benefits for the following quarter. When i retired in June 2018 I was covered through Sep 2018 and was then transferred to the retiree plan on 10/1.

another cool story bro
Totally irrelevant but cool story nonetheless

SMH

Some places needed 80 hrs a month to be covered the following month. In Wa. You need 40 hrs to be covered two months in advance. You are covered in July if you are compensated for 40 hrs in May. If you transfer to Wa. You lose 1 month of coverage and say you only works 60 hrs before you left, you lose 2 months.