What about my 4hr guarantee?

upschuck

No... it says they WILL work under the provisions...

ARTICLE 1-PROBATIONARY

EMPLOYEES-SEASONAL EMPLOYEES

Section 1

(a) Probationary employees: a new employee shall work under the

provisions of this Agreement but shall be employed only on a thirty

(30) working day trial basis, during which period he/she may be

discharged without further recourse; provided however, that the

Employer may not discharge or discipline for the purpose of evading

this Agreement or discriminating against union members. After

working thirty (30) days within a ninety (90) consecutive day period,

the employee shall be placed on the regular seniority list, and

his/her seniority date shall revert back to the first (1st) day of the

thirty (30) day period in which the employee gained seniority.
You are right that is what it says at the beginning of the Art. Go to the second to last paragraph and read what I copied. How can it say one thing in the beginning and something the opposite in the same paragraph?
One of those provisions is they will get nothing in their probationary and seasonal periods.

UPSGUY72

Your only guarantee d 3.5 hrs if you show up to the building and request it when they tell you they don't need you or to go home early. If you don't speak up your not guaranteed those hrs.

If you just started and you start complaining about getting your 3.5hrs. You could find yourself laid off either a couple of days here and there or a week at a time.

upschuck

Your only guarantee d 3.5 hrs if you show up to the building and request it when they tell you they don't need you or to go home early. If you don't speak up your not guaranteed those hrs.

If you just started and you start complaining about getting your 3.5hrs. You could find yourself laid off either a couple of days here and there or a week at a time.
Not even guaranteed that if within 30 days, just the wage rate.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

They like to do the "call the center at 345am" and we'll let u know if we need u to come in. After a week or two...they tend to stop calling.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
You are right that is what it says at the beginning of the Art. Go to the second to last paragraph and read what I copied. How can it say one thing in the beginning and something the opposite in the same paragraph?
The same way the Central says we do not have to work on the following holidays...but then goes on to say that drivers who are forced to work on the said holiday will get double time.

It says we don't have to work then it says we may have to work???

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
So what do they do when you're on a 10 minute break? Continue to work?
I work in a large building....once the sort starts...the belts doesn't stop until we wrap....they rotate breaks in primary and s.s. Loaders can take their break whenever they want after the first hour and before the end of the third hour....but while on break...no one covers for us.

AndUPSER

I work in a large building....once the sort starts...the belts doesn't stop until we wrap....they rotate breaks in primary and s.s. Loaders can take their break whenever they want after the first hour and before the end of the third hour....but while on break...no one covers for us.

Interesting. My building, also big, takes a 10 minute break all at once.

PT Car Washer

Interesting. My building, also big, takes a 10 minute break all at once.
That is the way all the sorts in my building do breaks. "Turning off all belts for 10 minute break." Then after 9 minutes call everyone back to their belts. Except for the smokers and they get called back after 8 minutes. Longer walk from the smoking area outside.