What are my options?

Bemdblu

I am a Pre-loader and took over a long time Pre-loaders spot since he was moved for "disciplinary" reasons.

It's a precarious situation because the supervisor in my area is new and he isn't upto speed so he isn't much help.
3 of my drivers are cool and took the time to explain how they like there trucks loaded. But there is one driver who is really good friends with the former Pre-loader and has ****ted on me every morning this week. He shows up 90 minutes early since Tuesday and complains to management about the load. This guy told me to load 2 of his bulk stops on a different shelf then the very next day says it should be on the floor as he complains to his Supervisor.

I've normally been a low-key guy who flys under the radar but now I feel I've got half the full-time supes know me and think I'm doing a **** job.

I have no clue what to do. I already have a FT job but I actually enjoy the job as its a great workout and has gotten me in better shape the last 6 months. I don't want to quit because I don't want him to feel like he won.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I'm all for doing custom loads to keep my drivers happy....but if he's giving you a ration of crap, load his truck properly according to the PAL labels. That is your job...and remember, you work as directed by management. The pissed off driver is not your sup.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yep load it according to the pal. If he wants it somewhere else he take that up with dispatch and they can deal with it. Also the driver should not be in the truck or in the loading area beore their start time. If I were a loader and a driver watched what I was doing for 90 minutes I would consider that harassment.

Box Ox

At my center, drivers who always complain about load quality seem to be thought of as boys who cried wolf and are not taken seriously. Especially if their loaders' other routes are consistently fine. I would make sure to let my supervisors know what's going on so they're not only hearing the driver's side of the story. Bring your new one up to speed.

barnyard

KTM rider
I am a cover guy. I really prefer things loaded as per PAL. This week, I have been covering a route that is loaded by a career preloader (20 or so years) and the loads were a mess everyday. A couple of days shelves were loaded so they all fell on the 1st turn out of the building. Some days, 1 section 1 stop was by the back down, others by the back door. Everyday it was PALd to section 1.

Today was the kick, I had the middle 3rd of section 7 loaded in section 8. No note, no mention, nothing. 3 stops had packages in both sections. I found them after I was past the stops. Beyond frustrating. Had things been loaded per the pal labels, I would have started my weekend 30-45 minutes sooner.

Load the way you are told by your boss and when the driver comes in, tell him to get the eff over himself.

Ouch

Man when I was a loader I had 1 driver that cried every morning. 1st time I loaded his truck backwards and that didnt work. By that I mean all the 8000 sec was in the 1000 sec etc etc. That didnt work so I took a black crayon and drew a line down the barcode, funny after that he didnt say another word lol lol lol.