What are some stuff that could get the employees fired?

eplaner

as for a loader i know the following that could get the employee fired

cursing at any supervisor
hit any supervisor
stealing
no work for a week without note n no calls
failed at a drug test.

what elses? so i make sure i don't do it..
is there a list that shows those?

old levi's

blank space

hit any supervisor
stealing
failed at a drug test.

Asking what could get an employee fired.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
It doesn't bode well when you start a list of things that can get you fired with violence and drugs. Think of common sense things such as dishonesty, absences, not actually working while at work to start off.

CRASH501

with this being the "NEW UPS" I wouldnt even pass gas or breath in the wrong direction! after this week i have learned that not only will UPS spend $100,000 in legal fee's to save $10 ( not exact amounts only to prove a point) But they have gone to an all time low in the eyes of many! Be extra carefull out there guys your days are numbered in their eyes!

oldmetrony

with this being the "NEW UPS" I wouldnt even pass gas or breath in the wrong direction! after this week i have learned that not only will UPS spend $100,000 in legal fee's to save $10 ( not exact amounts only to prove a point) But they have gone to an all time low in the eyes of many! Be extra carefull out there guys your days are numbered in their eyes!

I agree with CRASH 100 percent......especially if the company has it in for you for any reason.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Someday, we should write a book about what you and I have been through. (Especially you)

cursing at any supervisor No
hit any supervisor Yes
stealing Most times
no work for a week without note n no calls Maybe
failed at a drug test. No

anonymous4

I have seen people no call and stroll right back in 2 weeks later. Of course they had to answer for themselves but if you weren't on the chopping block they seemed to take you back into the fold. This is probably out of staffing necessity for that particular moment.

Cursing at sups? Not from what I've seen. I've seen complete blow ups and temper tantrums where the SUPERVISOR was the one pulled aside for partaking in the scuffle. The union employee was not fired. Of course he was also a top notch loader.

rod

Retired 22 years
There is a BIG difference between getting fired at UPS and staying fired at UPS. Just thank your lucky stars you have a Union job and to those who don't join - shame on you ( I wouldn't want to have to rely on Union representation just because they "have to "). I know the Union isn't always pefect but when it comes down to it its all you have when the chips are down and you are in a bind.

Throwing packages
punching in and punching out on time clocks that aren't yours
lates and absences in a 9 month period
bringing a gun on property (leaving it in your car) and talking about it
misloads
industrial sabotage
falsifying a doctors note
falsifying a note from your boss for your other employer and they call to check it out.
Methods violations
sexual harassment

How on earth can someone get fired for a misload?
If the company documents it through progressive discipline It will happen. I've seen it personally at panel. They keep writing you up for methods violations and failing to follow instructions. Most of these were things that I've seen first hand and most were resolved locally.

menotyou

bella amicizia
If the company documents it through progressive discipline It will happen. I've seen it personally at panel. They keep writing you up for methods violations and failing to follow instructions. Most of these were things that I've seen first hand and most were resolved locally.
Did they write rebuttals?

Did they write rebuttals?
We are talking part-timers. They don't care most of them. Most of my full timers won't write rebuttals. Asking a part timer to do anything is real hard. If the case I'm talking about would have done it he would still be there today but these guys know it all. Until the panel gives there final and binding decision.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
There is a BIG difference between getting fired at UPS and staying fired at UPS. Just thank your lucky stars you have a Union job and to those who don't join - shame on you ( I wouldn't want to have to rely on Union representation just because they "have to "). I know the Union isn't always pefect but when it comes down to it its all you have when the chips are down and you are in a bind.
This and the fact they negotiate our contract alone is why I and others I'm close to pay our dues in Ga(RTW state). I tell other hourlies the same thing and that it's like I always have a Matlock on retainer and they have Joe Public Defender.

brown bomber

brown bomber

hit any supervisor
stealing
failed at a drug test.

WHAT ELSES ????.....WHAT ARE SOME STUFF?????????..............I think you answered your own question

OptimusPrime

bringing a gun on property (leaving it in your car) and talking about it

Pretty sure UPS can't touch this one. Well unless you told employee X "Hey mister, I don't like the cut of your jib, and my Mossberg out in the trunk feels the same way!". Can't say for those that work at an airport, but as to the hub I work, you can leave the peacemaker in your vehicle with no problems.