What are some stupid questions you often get?

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Dumbest thing I run into....(of many

-Customer walks in; "I want my package"
-hands over infonotice
-Driver attempted delivery 30 minutes ago in ETT

Yeah, the driver made a special trip to the counter just to drop of your package so you can pick it up this afternoon. Nitwit.

It's unbelievable....

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
"oh I hate to make you walk over them mounds of snow"
Me,= then dont, get one of your lazy kids out here and Ill show them how to shovel.
Are you sure its for me? No I just thought I would leave it here and let you figure it out...............Does not work on a mis delivery tho:biting:
Which is rare:smart:
This thread is a good one, keep it coming.

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
Walk in soaking wet hand board to customer also wet customer says " is it raining"

How are the roads

Old reliable hot enough for ya

Asking me to put pkg in their house upstairs ! no

IS IT TICKING? (how many time a day do you hear that)

are you Fed EX?

Stupid joke about UPS and Fed EX merging! Fed ups (maybe funny first time not after the 1,000 th time)

Customer ask do you have anything for me? Who are you and where do you live ?(turns out the live 3 towns over)
Hey you left nothing for me to add!!

wadep

Where's the regular guy? He went to Saskatchewan to marry his "life partner"

He won the lottery, he'll be back in 2 weeks hit him up for a loan.

Covering for one guy who is Jamaican, and he was due back from his Jamaican vacation on the Monday. I show up to his regulars Monday morning and they're all asking his whereabouts. I simply told them he was being detained at customs for some reason or another, nudge nudge wink wink

browniehound

"When are 'you' going to race the truck?"

This one really baffles me. We are preached safety every single day at our morning PCM's. Then, UPS produces an ad campaign with a theme "We want to race the truck, everybody loves the truck"

I have some problems with this statement. I don't know ANYBODY who wants to race the truck. Wanting to do so implies reckless driving (never mind defensive driving) and unsafe behavior. I can't believe UPS approved this message.

Also, I don't know anybody who "loves the truck". Me, neighborhood moms, dogs, children, lunch mothers, crossing guards, school bus drivers and other motorists actually hate the truck.

I drive a 1986 ford p-1000 non-power steering, standard and there is absolutely nothing I love about it.

How may 1986 personal vehicles do you see on the road today? What do you think about the people who drive these cars? Well, the UPS fleet is still chock-full of these 22 year-old beauties!

browniehound

I`m in the Northeast and can`t stand hearing this one, How are the roads?

What irks me more is when you say that they're not too bad. They don't believe you, and the opinion they had in their mind (its snowing they must be bad) about the roads is better than yours even though they haven't left their office all day.

Then why ask man?????????

browniehound

I think the one that gets to me the most is as I return to the truck after DRing a package the customer runs out of the house yelling " Hey, do I need to sign for that ?" More than once I have made them walk to the curb before telling them, "naw, that's ok, don't need a signature ...TODAY" (thinking maroon !)

I think this phenonemem stems from the fact that these attention starved housewifes don't know what to say. We ring their bell and run, but they want us to stay for a word or two.

My guess is, instead of saying "thank you", subconciously, they want to chat it up, so they yell "do I need to sign for that?" while you are already drivning away!

IDoLessWorkThanMost

This one really baffles me. We are preached safety every single day at our morning PCM's. Then, UPS produces an ad campaign with a theme "We want to race the truck, everybody loves the truck"

I have some problems with this statement. I don't know ANYBODY who wants to race the truck. Wanting to do so implies reckless driving (never mind defensive driving) and unsafe behavior. I can't believe UPS approved this message.

Also, I don't know anybody who "loves the truck". Me, neighborhood moms, dogs, children, lunch mothers, crossing guards, school bus drivers and other motorists actually hate the truck.

I drive a 1986 ford p-1000 non-power steering, standard and there is absolutely nothing I love about it.

How may 1986 personal vehicles do you see on the road today? What do you think about the people who drive these cars? Well, the UPS fleet is still chock-full of these 22 year-old beauties!

This might not qualify for the "stupid question" as the author of the thread was intending....
when our cmanager throws up his hands and says "what the hell was that!" when the '70 Ford p7 shuttle backires in the building ;p uh huh, That's a pretty stupid question! Really happened too.
The truck is unsafe feeling, and is 8 years older than me.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Geeez do they ( the public) send out mass emailings to get these stupid questions spread around?
When I get " Stupid joke about UPS and Fed EX merging! Fed ups (maybe funny first time not after the 1,000 th time)" I tell them it's not a joke anymore, it's gonna happen early next year.

More than once when hit with " do you have anything for me?"
I just tell them "Nope".
Then they ask me if I know who they are,
I just say "Nope"

I think the one that gets to me the most is as I return to the truck after DRing a package the customer runs out of the house yelling " Hey, do I need to sign for that ?" More than once I have made them walk to the curb before telling them, "naw, that's ok, don't need a signature ...TODAY" (thinking maroon !)

thats sooo true, and sometimes I JUST WANT TO SAY SOMETHING SO SMART ASS BUT JUST LET IT BE!.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
This might not qualify for the "stupid question" as the author of the thread was intending....
when our cmanager throws up his hands and says "what the hell was that!" when the '70 Ford p7 shuttle backires in the building ;p uh huh, That's a pretty stupid question! Really happened too.
The truck is unsafe feeling, and is 8 years older than me.

ha, maybe its actually someone going postal...with the kind of work enviroment we have its really surprising that that kind of stuff doesnt happen more often.

barnyard

KTM rider

A couple of years ago in March, I DR'd a package in a guys garage, got back in the truck, drove to the end of the cul-de-sac to turn around. As I passed the house, the guy comes running out, in his socks, through all the recent snowmelt, carrying the package and flags me down. I stopped. "Hey, do I need to sign for this??" Me, "Yes, I'll be by sometime next week for the signature." Him, (kind of smirking), "You think you're some kind of Bill Engvall, don't ya?"

I started laughing, then I think he 'got it' and started laughing too.

TB

barnyard

KTM rider
I was at a party a while back and someone asked "What's the most annoying thing people say to you?" and I said, "The lamest, most :censored2: thing I here is that stupid, effen Fedup joke. People think their sooooo frikken original and that I must have never heard it before. Friggen idiots."

I could just see the person deflating, my wife said that he told that one to several UPS guys. I still snicker about it......

TB

browniehound

A couple of years ago in March, I DR'd a package in a guys garage, got back in the truck, drove to the end of the cul-de-sac to turn around. As I passed the house, the guy comes running out, in his socks, through all the recent snowmelt, carrying the package and flags me down. I stopped. "Hey, do I need to sign for this??" Me, "Yes, I'll be by sometime next week for the signature." Him, (kind of smirking), "You think you're some kind of Bill Engvall, don't ya?"

I started laughing, then I think he 'got it' and started laughing too.

TB

Barn, thats a great story. Its nice that he got a chuckle at what he actually did too.

In regards to your post about the fed-up joke, that doesn't bother me because I only heard it once or twice unlike you.

The one that really makes me sick is "Is it ticking?" Or if I say "can you sign for this?" and someone will respond "yeah as long as its not a bomb".

Do these statements stem from the una-bomber era? Besides this one isolated sick-o, have you ever heard of a package being delivered in your center that blew up in someones face? LOL