What are the chances

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
How does an electronic signature transpose on to the three part Hi value sheet that is given to you with the pkg?

If it has a hi value sheet with a pkg there's no way I'm leaving it without a human present to sign the board and control sheet.
When did this start?

10 point

How is "...signing for a package..." not dishonesty in and of itself...unless of course the driver is the consignee.
They leave this issue so vague (drivers signing their own name) and have used it dishonesty in their discipline of employees.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Been going on for over twenty years and counting.

Typically, the OMS has to go out to the cars on the belts and dig thru the trucks to pull them off and control them.
So you're telling me that in your center you guys have a form that the customer signs in addition to the DIAD?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The form has a place for the driver, consignee, and supe to sign off in addition to the diad signature.

If it becomes a send again you've got to dirt the sheet and pkg, give the pkg and the form to the office supe/oms upon rtb.
We don't do that here. The customer just signs the DIAD.

10 point

We don't do that here. The customer just signs the DIAD.
Lucky you.

I'm not sure why district methods are so different.

It helps the driver so they don't DR the thing too. DRs are highly scrutinized and since the insured value goes up to $70,000.00 now I'm glad to have the sheet for caution. It also helps your case if one slips thru, gets DR'd and disappears.

You can say "Well it didn't have a control sheet with it and was coded 03, etc".

Imagine this....we work for the same company.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Lucky you.

It helps the driver so they don't DR the thing too. DRs are highly scrutinized and since the insured value goes up to $70,000.00 now I'm glad to have the sheet for caution. It also helps your case if one slips thru, gets DR'd and disappears.

You can say "Well it didn't have a control sheet with it and was coded 03, etc".

Around here we (drivers) sign the paper control log for the packages in the morning but thats it, the only thing required from the customer is the electronic signature.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Lucky you.

Around here we (drivers) sign the paper control log for the packages in the morning but thats it, the only thing required from the customer is the electronic signature.

It's always about liability, and putting as much said liability on the driver as possible, rather than the company.

We once had a meeting for "at risk" area drivers.
A driver asked "when it was permissible to accept a signed delivery notice"?
Among the managers holding the meeting, an argument ensued and we never got a straight answer?

From that point on, I have not taken a signed delivery notice unless prompted by the DIAD (Apple pkgs).
I have been challenged on it since, in regards to customer complainants who left a prior delivery notice, signed, even though I did not check the appropriate box.

When I offer to comply in the future, as soon as a written corporate guideline as to when it is permissible to accept a signed DR notice, the issue is always dropped.

I always chuckle after a vacation, when I find signed DR notices on the back of my bulkhead.

These trusting souls don't even bother to turn these notices in to be filed, because my center doesn't even file them?
SMH

Last edited:

10 point

We are "supposed" to sign it (in front of mgmnt) when the supe gives us the pkg.

There's a line to sign by the words "Consignee signature" for the recipient to sign off as well.

I Scotch tape the form to the pkg to remind me what it is in case the form gets burried on the shelf and I find it later.

The funny thing is that often the supes pull the pkgs out of the system (some of them are in red striped bags for controlling in the trailers), add the form to them, and they forget to have them spahd into the system because they're not in your edd.

Now that's funny.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
How about both?
Electronics are easily modified...

if someone wants to fix the issue.

It's a WIN for the driver and company collectively if they'll prioritize it.

It's about liability, accountability, and plausible deniability.

There are many examples of "closable loopholes" with DIAD based programming, yet they go unaddressed?

You need to look no further than the 12 to 1pm "crusade".
How hard would it be to make it impossible for a driver?

These "anomalies" are calculated and deliberated by the company and they persist by design.

moldsporh

How does an electronic signature transpose on to the three part Hi value sheet that is given to you with the pkg?

If it has a hi value sheet with a pkg there's no way I'm leaving it without a human present to sign the board and control sheet.
We haven't had that in our bldg for years, honestly I can't remember using one.

We are given our high values in the AM and are told to get a sig....not sure about your paperwork you have to deal with.

Quite often we get a message stating to go back and get a sig because said pkg was a HV.....driver was never informed prior.

We can DR high values and Min 21 sigs with electronic signature here.

UPS Preloader

Had a similar incident in my center. Although it is no doubt forgery & dishonesty, we got the driver his job back on the basis that it was not his intention to defraud the customer or the company.

We had the same thing happen in my building. They kept the driver out for almost 4 months and then offered him the job back without back pay just before the panel hearing.