What are the first few steps of applying for FMLA?

Indecisi0n

If you are approved for FMLA, you can use the time as you see fit.... As it relates to your FMLA reason.

The company isn't entitled to an explanation. If you can do it with a "request off".... that saves your FMLA days.

​-Bug-

So if I know of an upcoming doctor appointment I just tell my boss, "give me a FMLA day for XXX date?" and that's it?

cynic

So if I know of an upcoming doctor appointment I just tell my boss, "give me a FMLA day for XXX date?" and that's it?

I'm not sure I'd give them advanced notice if they're on a firiing spree as you mentioned. The reason I say this is I'm unclear how a doctor's appointment is viewed with FMLA vs. having the need for a day off on FMLA due to your qualifying condition. Yes, you're seeing a doctor for the qualifying condition but how are you experiencing the qualifying condition when you ask for a day off in advance.

Hey, maybe just me being cynical about UPS management is all.

Indecisi0n

I'm not sure I'd give them advanced notice if they're on a firiing spree as you mentioned. The reason I say this is I'm unclear how a doctor's appointment is viewed with FMLA vs. having the need for a day off on FMLA due to your qualifying condition. Yes, you're seeing a doctor for the qualifying condition but how are you experiencing the qualifying condition when you ask for a day off in advance.

Hey, maybe just me being cynical about UPS management is all.

FMLA states I can use it for doctors appointments as long it's related to my "condition". Also states that if I know in advance of a date I need off to let my management team know as soon as possible.

Yep.

​-Bug-

​Thank you.