What are the odds

prospector99611

Hello all, I want to start with a bit of context. I was born and raised in Alaska where I am currently living, my wife and I will be moving down south in December. I have worked in the oilfield all my life and I want to move into something else. I have friends that work for UPS and they make it sound like a pretty compelling option but there isn't all that much info floating around that I could find quickly about specific regions and odds of hiring with previous experience that isn't UPS.
I want to move to the Colorado area, i.e. anywhere within 10 hour drive of Denver as I have alot of family there, I don't know how pay varies in different areas and how colorado or that area compares. I have extensive experience running expensive things, and am competent in an excavator, zoom boom, skid steer, man lift, font end loader, forklift, roller compactor, semi both with wet kit and without 18 speed and brownie. My experience is moving oil rigs to different drilling locations in Alaska as well as delivering various loads on floats with a tractor and everything that entails. I am wondering the likelihood that I would be able to get hired on as a driver either package car or even as a feeder, I have no problem with hours as most weeks now for me consist of 70-80 hours, and no problem with heavy physical labour. I am very physically fit and am 27, I am willing to entertain a wide search area for jobs in the general area of Colorado.

Thanks for reading, hope this made sense

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Should have also mentioned I have my TWIC along with CDL A with tanker and Hazmat
Here in wisconsin we have an operating engineers union. They cover all the heavy equipment jobs. Find out the one in Colorado and see if you can join.

Otherwise get on with a heavy haul cdl a trucking company.

Or UPS feeder driver.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Hello all, I want to start with a bit of context. I was born and raised in Alaska where I am currently living, my wife and I will be moving down south in December. I have worked in the oilfield all my life and I want to move into something else. I have friends that work for UPS and they make it sound like a pretty compelling option but there isn't all that much info floating around that I could find quickly about specific regions and odds of hiring with previous experience that isn't UPS.
I want to move to the Colorado area, i.e. anywhere within 10 hour drive of Denver as I have alot of family there, I don't know how pay varies in different areas and how colorado or that area compares. I have extensive experience running expensive things, and am competent in an excavator, zoom boom, skid steer, man lift, font end loader, forklift, roller compactor, semi both with wet kit and without 18 speed and brownie. My experience is moving oil rigs to different drilling locations in Alaska as well as delivering various loads on floats with a tractor and everything that entails. I am wondering the likelihood that I would be able to get hired on as a driver either package car or even as a feeder, I have no problem with hours as most weeks now for me consist of 70-80 hours, and no problem with heavy physical labour. I am very physically fit and am 27, I am willing to entertain a wide search area for jobs in the general area of Colorado.

Forget it.
You sound too smart for UPS

you'll get no respect at this company.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Go be a hub rat nearly anywhere in the USA spend 6 months to several years loading boxes until your numbers called like all the rest of us did
While all of your experiences look good
They don’t mean didley to ups it’s all about seniority
I’d encourage you to visit with an Operating engineer local and use what you know

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD

Your seasonal
🧔‍♂️✊