What are you listening to? Part 6

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
@Analbumcover Some controversial :censored2: going down with Miku Expo right now it sounds like.

They used an LED screen for the Portland and Vancouver shows that's why. Also apparently someone peed on the floor of the Vancouver show. Someone already started a change.org petition demanding refunds.

I can only hope The Anthem does as good of a job setting the stage up this year as they did in 2018....

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
They used an LED screen for the Portland and Vancouver shows that's why. Also apparently someone peed on the floor of the Vancouver show. Someone already started a change.org petition demanding refunds.

I can only hope The Anthem does as good of a job setting the stage up this year as they did in 2018....
Tomorrow night we shall see how this saga continues.

Some of this :censored2: is gold though.

1712529083897.png

1712529129376.png

1712529191845.png

1712529240580.png

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Lol these people are pissed
I have no idea what they’re talking about but it’s funny

So the same people who are saying that Boomers made it so bad for them that they can’t afford to buy a house, are willing to pay $69-387+ (according to one venue) plus parking and who knows what else to see basically a fancy cartoon on a movie screen. Not even a real person or real singing. It’s all computer generated. Mind blowing. Below is how the venue described Miku:

Hatsune Miku is a Japanese music sensation, a 16 year-old blue-haired girl with a unique voice and prodigious energy.

What makes her special is that she is not a human singer, but a virtual persona who uses a computer-generated voice and 3D graphics to perform on stage. With a repertoire entirely provided by individual creators, she is the first truly crowd-created virtual talent. But being virtual doesn't stop her from filling up concert halls, or teaming up with major artists like Lady Gaga and Pharrell Williams!

Internationally popular, with over 2.5 million followers on Facebook, the increasing demand for concerts overseas paved the way to Miku Expo, a world tour that has so far taken her from Indonesia to Los Angeles, New York and Shanghai, with a memorable TV stop at the David Letterman show.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
So the same people who are saying that Boomers made it so bad for them that they can’t afford to buy a house, are willing to pay $69-387+ (according to one venue) plus parking and who knows what else to see basically a fancy cartoon on a movie screen. Not even a real person or real singing.
tenor.gif

fancy cartoon on a movie screen.
Supposed to be a hologram that can move across the entire stage. That's why people are so mad about the completely unannounced surprise screen.

It’s all computer generated.
For album recordings, producers will record most if not all of the instrumentals themselves and on live shows they are played by a live band. The vocals are the only thing synthetic, but even that requires the producers to program and tune them.

But the show is only half of it. Being surrounded by such a high concentration of folks also so passionate about the same niche would be something to behold. If there was a venue closer to me I'd be in the front row.