What are your favorite stories about things that have happened at your center?

GenericUsername

As a precursor, I work preload currently and started last season, so I haven't seen much. I've heard some stories from the senior staff members over the course of the past year, and have read some of your stories here.

Today we were waiting on late trailers and our preload manager got in contact with one of the last feeder drivers coming in to find out where he was and what was taking so long. From what I heard, he pissed off the driver, so the driver pulled over and took his lunch. I can't help but imagine this doesn't happen more often around the US, let alone other stories.

Please share if you have anything!

Drink Craft Beer

Called into center manager's office for putting wrong label(s) on parcel(s). Told me I would be receiving warning letter for doing so. So here's how the rest of the office visit went (with my shop steward sitting there)

Me: "Can I ask you a question?"

center manager: Sure

Me: You tell people about their mis-loads every morning, have they received waning letters?

center manager: Yes they have. Ask _______ < (shop steward's name").

ST: shrugged her shoulders and said "I'm not aware of any"

center manager: looks at me "DON'T QUESTION ME!!! GET OUT OF HERE"(pointing at the door)

Me: Chuckling all the way to the time clock while never receiving a letter.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
As a precursor, I work preload currently and started last season, so I haven't seen much. I've heard some stories from the senior staff members over the course of the past year, and have read some of your stories here.

Today we were waiting on late trailers and our preload manager got in contact with one of the last feeder drivers coming in to find out where he was and what was taking so long. From what I heard, he :censored2: off the driver, so the driver pulled over and took his lunch. I can't help but imagine this doesn't happen more often around the US, let alone other stories.

Please share if you have anything!
Cool story, bro.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Had a driver that would deliver to a business in this small remote town of 100 people. They're right on the Canadian border and accept packages for people in Canada, so they got a lot of volume everyday. Well the store was owned by this old guy and he has one employee, this woman who was about 40 and absolutely gorgeous. The old guy had a crush on the woman and the woman had a crush on the driver which made the owner jealous. The guy would complain about everything the driver did. And I mean everything. He called in one time because the guy didn't put his hazards on.

Anyways the guy eventually complained so much he threatened to refuse all UPS deliveries, which the center manager really did not want. So another nice rural route came up for bid and the center manager begged him to take it to stop all the complaints. He eventually bid it but about 6 months later he was offered a job in the oil fields that paid insane money. He put in his two weeks and left. After a few months he realized he hated it, came back asking for his job back. But obviously it doesn't work that way. He ended up at FedEx on the same exact route. Our driver was there the first day he delivered there. Said the owner almost chased him out of the store with a shotgun he was so angry.

That one just makes me laugh every time I hear the guy's name.

wayfair

swollen member
Had a driver that would deliver to a business in this small remote town of 100 people. They're right on the Canadian border and accept packages for people in Canada, so they got a lot of volume everyday. Well the store was owned by this old guy and he has one employee, this woman who was about 40 and absolutely gorgeous. The old guy had a crush on the woman and the woman had a crush on the driver which made the owner jealous. The guy would complain about everything the driver did. And I mean everything. He called in one time because the guy didn't put his hazards on.

Anyways the guy eventually complained so much he threatened to refuse all UPS deliveries, which the center manager really did not want. So another nice rural route came up for bid and the center manager begged him to take it to stop all the complaints. He eventually bid it but about 6 months later he was offered a job in the oil fields that paid insane money. He put in his two weeks and left. After a few months he realized he hated it, came back asking for his job back. But obviously it doesn't work that way. He ended up at FedEx on the same exact route. Our driver was there the first day he delivered there. Said the owner almost chased him out of the store with a shotgun he was so angry.

That one just makes me laugh every time I hear the guy's name.

that happened when?? last year?

Rack em

Made the Podium
Nothing too exciting has happened in the few years I've worked for UPS, but I've heard some good stories... One time a driver who was already past his time to retire saw his dispatch and when management didnt fix it he just threw his keys on the counter and walked out lol. Then another driver used to take his 15 minute break or lunch at a womans house and plow her.

AZ Retired

allegedly went "Brett Favre" with his cell.
Nothing too exciting has happened in the few years I've worked for UPS, but I've heard some good stories... One time a driver who was already past his time to retire saw his dispatch and when management didnt fix it he just threw his keys on the counter and walked out lol. Then another driver used to take his 15 minute break or lunch at a womans house and plow her.
That is how I retired, I gave a one day notice, I let my DM know that TODAY was my last day. He called HR and what I heard him say on our end was: "oh, he can do that, okay, bye" I took my vacation and discretionary days right after that and the day I left I said goodbye to some folks in the sort and did not return. I wasn't angry, I was eligible and just had the feeling of leaving take me over and I acted on it.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
We had a former DM and a center manager. Who would have dirty knees each time the DM would show up. Wanna say 3 times a week. For months. We would all laugh during the PCM 's. They were both let go for numbers.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Years before I started at UPS (before PAS), I heard that someone loaded a package car backwards.
Over peak the dispatcher screwed up one day and one entire car got spa'd to the 8000 shelf. Made him go out as a helper for the guy so he could see how difficult it makes someone's day.