What are your funniest Seasonal Driver or Driver Helper stories?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
One of our 30+ year drivers told me they gave him a helper one year who was so fat that he couldn't get the seatbelt fastened. Called his supe and told him he couldn't use him. Sent him home. Never saw him again.

A couple years ago we had a seasonal driver try to put snow chains on a rental truck. I have no idea how he managed to pull this off, but they eventually came off and wrapped themselves all the way around the rear axle and the mechanic had to just cut them off.
I had a fat chick sent to help me, after 12 resi stops I had enough, called the center and told them I was dropping her off at her car. No fat helpers.

Drink Craft Beer

I had a fat chick sent to help me, after 12 resi stops I had enough, called the center and told them I was dropping her off at her car. No fat helpers.
I remember one driver who said his chick helper was absolutely worthless and was holding him back.

He dropped her off 3 miles away from her car. Not sure if he was reprimanded, but did get fired for causing an accident less than 2mos later.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
My buddy called me one late afternoon to tell me he couldn't drop off his helper to me ,, he had to go meet his parole officer , this was in 2003 ,, my last year in a Brownie ,, I see the quality of helpers hasn't gotten much better

UnionStrong

My buddy called me one late afternoon to tell me he couldn't drop off his helper to me ,, he had to go meet his parole officer , this was in 2003 ,, my last year in a Brownie ,, I see the quality of helpers hasn't gotten much better
That’s why I refused them

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
We had a p/t hub guy that was offered a driving job during peak. Man, this guy burned it up! He ran an hour under from day 1. I figured something was up. Management hurt their hand patting him on the back, telling him he had a job cinched up after peak. Come to find out, he was meeting his wife on the area, and giving her a clipboard and half the packages. Oh, and they signed for most of the packages, back when it was signature required for 99% of the stops. I think somebody called in and asked why this driver was driving a toyota and didn't wear a uniform. (before PVD, of course.) They followed him one day and busted him.

UnionStrong

We had a p/t hub guy that was offered a driving job during peak. Man, this guy burned it up! He ran an hour under from day 1. I figured something was up. Management hurt their hand patting him on the back, telling him he had a job cinched up after peak. Come to find out, he was meeting his wife on the area, and giving her a clipboard and half the packages. Oh, and they signed for most of the packages, back when it was signature required for 99% of the stops. I think somebody called in and asked why this driver was driving a toyota and didn't wear a uniform. (before PVD, of course.) They followed him one day and busted him.
Everyone thinks it’s easy.

Almost

Once upon a time many years ago, during the miserable peak season of 91 a young college football player blessed me with his ability to run. The first few stops went off without a hitch, residents would see him running through the snow like a plow and open the door for him. Then came that tiny NDA letter with instructions "they are never home, just leave it behind the screen door.
I took time to watch in wonder as he hurdled the plow drift before ducking back to sort. Soon I heard him come running back, holding the letter and asking "they don't answer, what do I do now?"