What changes are you looking for in the 2013 contract?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Subcontracting our work to the post office...don't take away the whole post office just put a lid on it. It started out with just little bags, now am dropping off 30lbs to the post office. Thats our work, and we should do something about it.

I've never delivered anything even close to 30lbs to the post office. U do realize there are many boxes in those bags?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Stricter 9.5 language.

Twice in the last 2 weeks (Monday and last Thursday) myself and several others have walked out of the building close to or after 8 pm on days when several drivers were sent home.

So once a week after 8 sounds like a center I'd like to be in. I would venture a guess that most centers have around 10% of their drivers get in after 8 2-3 times every week.

gostillerz

So once a week after 8 sounds like a center I'd like to be in. I would venture a guess that most centers have around 10% of their drivers get in after 8 2-3 times every week.

I usually drive 3 days a week, punch in at 0800, punch out at 2000 or later every time. Not a fun route.

Utility4life

First post. How about some language defining rules on what routes can be dissolved in the day to day operation. I filed a 9.5 and now they just pull the route every other day. And now they never make new routes they just change the route numbers. This is lame. I've been utility for 8 yrs.

JonFrum

Currently inflation is only 1.7% and $1/hr is almost a 3% raise. Historically, $1/hr is the best you're going to get. You get to decide your actual raise by the amount of hours you work. Most annual wage increases have been under $1/hr. . . .
Most full-timers got a $1.00 raise five years ago (8-1-2007), and it was a real dollar upfront; not 50-cents, then the second 50-cents six months later.

Middle seniority part-timers also got an additional 20-cents "catch-up" raise; $1.20 total. Their combined raises were $1.00 in 2005 and $1.10 in 2006. Plus a rare 12-cent COLA in 2006 for everyone out of Progression.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I want the 9.5 rule taken down to 9 hours. There are guys that want the hours let them opt out and let me get home so Im not eating dinner at 8:30.
(If we cant get 9.0)Excessive overtime, if a driver goes over 9.5 for the third time in a week all hours over 8 for the week will be paid at double time.
I think if a PT cover driver accumulates the hours a full time driver needs for pension then the PT should receive a full time pension credit.
Company needs to provide socks.
8 hour day violations should be payed at 2 hours regular pay plus triple time for all hours worked over 8.

As you can see Im tired of the company breaking the rules laid out in the contract because teh penalties arent prohibitive

I believe in the wesrern conference if you are pt and are double shifting quite a bit all those extra hours are counted toward your pension and you can build up more than just 1040 hours in a year..I believe that is also true for those folks that drive air on saturday...if your able to get 2080 pt that counts for a full point...

stink219

I want the 9.5 rule taken down to 9 hours. There are guys that want the hours let them opt out and let me get home so Im not eating dinner at 8:30.
(If we cant get 9.0)Excessive overtime, if a driver goes over 9.5 for the third time in a week all hours over 8 for the week will be paid at double time.
I think if a PT cover driver accumulates the hours a full time driver needs for pension then the PT should receive a full time pension credit.
Company needs to provide socks.
8 hour day violations should be payed at 2 hours regular pay plus triple time for all hours worked over 8.

As you can see Im tired of the company breaking the rules laid out in the contract because teh penalties arent prohibitive
I just submitted a rewrite of the language to my local. We have 3 members on the national board. I'll try to post it.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I would like to see more harassment protection in a new contract...including trying to get rid of you because your not using one of the million "methods" they want use to use daily is a copout...I don't know how many times they have got someone on this type of harassment but nobody is 100% all of the time..most of us are just trying the best we can on any given day....any thoughts??

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I just see any language as over 9.5 with automatic triple time as a way to one again change the allowances and push people harder than any of us have seen in the last 3 or4 years...this is going to be a major issue this time..including all drivers including unassigned and rural routes which seem to be excluded right now...

stink219

There will always be an our numbers, your numbers battle. But we need to force a historical data analysis instead of an IE figment.

Buck Fifty

Definitely up the penalties on all existing language in Articles 3, 17, 37, 48, 66. The companies nonchalant attitude towards honoring these articles is absurd. Also, anytime a grievance is settled with "Company will Comply" it should be an automatic penalty.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
The same thing I ask for every contract: For UPS to obey and abide by the contracts we sign. And strict penalties for violating our contract.