What Contract…

clean hairy

The cargo box has shelves (only hin 1000-4000). I generally go out with 80-120 packages and it’s rare I break 10 packages picked up. Generally 60-85 stops over 90-120 miles…most of them slow miles even in 4x4.

As long as I can be there for preload wrapup so I can see what’s getting buried it works well. It can blow out if you get too many tires or beds or whatever. They either get redispatched or I just end up double trippin.
Which spend less time off the road for repairs?
Ford or Dodge?

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
The cargo box has shelves (only hin 1000-4000). I generally go out with 80-120 packages and it’s rare I break 10 packages picked up. Generally 60-85 stops over 90-120 miles…most of them slow miles even in 4x4.

As long as I can be there for preload wrapup so I can see what’s getting buried it works well. It can blow out if you get too many tires or beds or whatever. They either get redispatched or I just end up double trippin.
We have two of those are our center as well. Mostly used for shuttling, but every once in a while there's an 05 route that'll go out with many of the "EC" stops.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Lol our lawyers wear country western belt buckles. Drive Ford LTD’s And wear suits that went out of style 10 years ago.
I’ve had the unfortunate displeasure of giving depositions at the ups corporate lawyers office, they use even in my city. The office was like Taj Mahal and everyone was wearing $5000 suits.
Our contract is amazing even that we get half of what we get compared to the resources they have against us. Truly, our biggest asset is our members being involved.
Less spending on things like t-shirts, fringe minority caucus, super high salaries? More on lawyers?

Thebrownblob

Less spending on things like t-shirts, fringe minority caucus, super high salaries? More on lawyers?
I as a package car driver made more than any business agent, and almost as much as the president of My local, there is a special strike and organizing fund set up to pay for things like T-shirts to keep membership united.

Thebrownblob

I always thought we were all just plain old Teamsters? Guess not.
We are. But I have gotten the opportunity to work with groups that help intercity youth. And I would say my opinion has changed as to some of the hurdles some people have to get over that are different than others, and I have no problem with people advocating for those people. I didn’t live that life and I probably don’t have any credibility with them. Some of these young men through no fault of their own some of them through fault of their own but I am 100% about trying to help people move to the middle class and if it takes groups that they feel comfortable with go for it.

ToteHoarder

Mom and dad won't be alive forever

Maybe one day these kids will want to actually retire...

I’m sure they do but they’re growing up hearing about mass extinction, ecological collapse, impending water shortages, crop failure, uninhabitable global temperatures, expected all between 2030-2050.

The future is grim and most young folk can’t even buy a house as it’s all being bought up by huge firms some of them based in China and Canada. Even at the rate rpcd’s are paid they’re being outbid or gouged on interest rates making it not even worth it.

They’re trying to enjoy what little comforts they can while they can as an aging retiring generation makes off with a fortune.

I’m sure they do but they’re growing up hearing about mass extinction, ecological collapse, impending water shortages, crop failure, uninhabitable global temperatures, expected all between 2030-2050.

The future is grim and most young folk can’t even buy a house as it’s all being bought up by huge firms some of them based in China and Canada. Even at the rate rpcd’s are paid they’re being outbid or gouged on interest rates making it not even worth it.

They’re trying to enjoy what little comforts they can while they can as an aging retiring generation makes off with a fortune.
I thought Y2k was going to be the end of the world?
As far as the older generation having money some do some don't

When you work hard your whole life and you scrimp and save and work some extra overtime or an extra job to get ahead, there's nothing wrong with that.

ToteHoarder

I thought Y2k was going to be the end of the world?
As far as the older generation having money some do some don't

When you work hard your whole life and you scrimp and save and work some extra overtime or an extra job to get ahead, there's nothing wrong with that.

No offense, sir and I say this with respect and I know life isn’t easy, but this attitude is exactly why young generations are in this predicament.

Blowing off the problems you’ll never face and not understanding why they can’t do it just because you did it.

It’s just not the same anymore. The gilded age is over.

No offense, sir and I say this with respect and I know life isn’t easy, but this attitude is exactly why young generations are in this predicament.

Blowing off the problems you’ll never face and not understanding why they can’t do it just because you did it.

It’s just not the same anymore. The gilded age is over.
I blame the parents for lots of this.

You got to teach the kids responsibility.
Living in the basement until you're 40 years old because you don't want to work 15 or 20 hours a week doesn't cut it.

Unfortunately too many parents don't do there job.

That's why sending my kids to college and paying for a good portion of it was a major priority for me

I want them to have the tools to get a good job but not be buried in debt.

I left them with enough yet not to bury them but enough to be responsible

Now they have a halfway decent job and they are home owners.

Thebrownblob

1673307133530.gif