What Contract…

Thebrownblob

These young kids don't understand what they're losing
The worlds different for them then it was for us. Most of them would rather go home and get on TikTok an Xbox and hook up with the opposite sex )or the same sex I guess lol) on tinder than work. It’s much easier to do that when you live in mom and dad’s basement.

The worlds different for them then it was for us. Most of them would rather go home and get on TikTok an Xbox and hook up with the opposite sex )or the same sex I guess lol) on tinder than work. It’s much easier to do that when you live in mom and dad’s basement.
Mom and dad won't be alive forever

Maybe one day these kids will want to actually retire...

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Not Agree to what? subcontracting or seasonals Except in free periods? Remember like I said the company has a mountain of lawyers pouring over language, trying to water it down. justify their interpretations, and probably even deciding it’s worth violating some of these agreements because by the time they are enforced, they’ve already saved money. It’s how dishonest arbiters operate. The union doesn’t have that luxury and even when we win, which we usually do it takes time.
Everyone complains about sneaky wording. Our lawyers have no input?

Thebrownblob

Everyone complains about sneaky wording. Our lawyers have no input?
Lol our lawyers wear country western belt buckles. Drive Ford LTD’s And wear suits that went out of style 10 years ago.
I’ve had the unfortunate displeasure of giving depositions at the ups corporate lawyers office, they use even in my city. The office was like Taj Mahal and everyone was wearing $5000 suits.
Our contract is amazing even that we get half of what we get compared to the resources they have against us. Truly, our biggest asset is our members being involved.

badpal

Don’t you think the company has a bunch of items they’d like iron clad language on that the union doesn’t give them as well? I mean, there’s virtually no attendance policy anywhere. We start looking for iron clad language I think we lose more than we win, the contract will always favor the company.
Think your right. Advantage to both sides to keep it where it can be read about 3 ways.

badpal

Lol our lawyers wear country western belt buckles. Drive Ford LTD’s And wear suits that went out of style 10 years ago.
I’ve had the unfortunate displeasure of giving depositions at the ups corporate lawyers office, they use even in my city. The office was like Taj Mahal and everyone was wearing $5000 suits.
Our contract is amazing even that we get half of what we get compared to the resources they have against us. Truly, our biggest asset is our members being involved.
Wish Ford still made the big ole LTD. In my folks generation a retired farmer or rancher driving one of those big tanks was doing some high living.

DOK

Yes. It’s basically a Dodge Ram two and a half ton pickup with a custom box in place of pickup bed. We have five in my center out of 16 regular bid routes.

About half and half Dodge Rams or Ford F250s.
How is there enough room in something like that for all the days deliveries and pickups?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Do you have a snowmobile?
🧔‍♂️✊
1673186341990.png

FozziesDeliveries

We need to go after Sure post
This. I peek at some of the packages i am dropping off at my post office sometimes.... often there are stops i am going to be driving right past or delivering RIGHT beside that day. Why are we handing over volume ESPECIALLY with having drivers laid off..... come on! I can understand if its a cheaper service and its a country stop thats far out with nothing by it, ok fine. Why can't we hold it a day or two till we have something by it and then deliver it ourselves. Its going to get delayed a day giving it to the post office until they deliver it anyways.

This. I peek at some of the packages i am dropping off at my post office sometimes.... often there are stops i am going to be driving right past or delivering RIGHT beside that day. Why are we handing over volume ESPECIALLY with having drivers laid off..... come on! I can understand if its a cheaper service and its a country stop thats far out with nothing by it, ok fine. Why can't we hold it a day or two till we have something by it and then deliver it ourselves. Its going to get delayed a day giving it to the post office until they deliver it anyways.
I don't know how many houses I go to can I see a sure Post package already sitting on the porch delivered by the post office

Honestly I don't think it's about profits I think it's about job elimination

AKCoverMan

How is there enough room in something like that for all the days deliveries and pickups?
The cargo box has shelves (only hin 1000-4000). I generally go out with 80-120 packages and it’s rare I break 10 packages picked up. Generally 60-85 stops over 90-120 miles…most of them slow miles even in 4x4.

As long as I can be there for preload wrapup so I can see what’s getting buried it works well. It can blow out if you get too many tires or beds or whatever. They either get redispatched or I just end up double trippin.