What Contract…

nWo

From what I gathered from the unofficial DoorDash forums most of their drivers do not want anything to do with picking up packages.

They don't want to have to wait in line at the post office/ups store to drop off the package.
The pay is too low for the time required and mileage. And they don't want the extra liability of picking up a package. They get accused of stealing food all the time. They don't want to have to deal with a package coming up missing.

And the long tenured dashers all state they have yet to see anyone actually request this service.

Doesn't seem like it will be a highly used service.

Thebrownblob

So why agree to it? We always blame the company as if the other side has nothing to say in these negotiation?

Not Agree to what? subcontracting or seasonals Except in free periods? Remember like I said the company has a mountain of lawyers pouring over language, trying to water it down. justify their interpretations, and probably even deciding it’s worth violating some of these agreements because by the time they are enforced, they’ve already saved money. It’s how dishonest arbiters operate. The union doesn’t have that luxury and even when we win, which we usually do it takes time.

Last edited:
Not Agree to what? subcontracting or seasonals Except in free periods? Remember like I said the company has a mountain of lawyers pouring over language, trying to water it down and probably even deciding it’s worth violating some of these agreements because by the time they are enforced, they’ve already saved money. It’s how dishonest arbiters operate. The union doesn’t have that luxury and even when we win which we usually do it takes time.
That's why we need iron clad language this upcoming contract.

Thebrownblob

Odds are against it. UPS always insists on gray areas and loopholes they can exploit.
They do for sure, but that’s why you have interpretation books, and some locals have riders to combat that. Some of this language absolutely needs to be ironed out and made clear. Such as forced 6 day punches and using PVDs and other people driving their own vehicles. The gentleman’s agreement just don’t work anymore

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
That's why we need iron clad language this upcoming contract.

Odds are against it. UPS always insists on gray areas and loopholes they can exploit.

They do for sure, but that’s why you have interpretation books, and some locals have riders to combat that. Some of this language absolutely needs to be ironed out and made clear. Such as forced 6 day punches and using PVDs and other people driving their own vehicles. The gentleman’s agreement just don’t work anymore

Don’t you think the company has a bunch of items they’d like iron clad language on that the union doesn’t give them as well? I mean, there’s virtually no attendance policy anywhere. We start looking for iron clad language I think we lose more than we win, the contract will always favor the company.

Thebrownblob

Don’t you think the company has a bunch of items they’d like iron clad language on that the union doesn’t give them as well? I mean, there’s virtually no attendance policy anywhere. We start looking for iron clad language I think we lose more than we win, the contract will always favor the company.
There’s always a fine line. I especially love the members who want a black and white answer and the company always held accountable. on everything until they’re in trouble..

Meanwhile we have seasonals working and guys not getting their 8-hour guarantee that is not right.