what do you all do on your lunch..

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I think there was a thread on this at one time, but just wondering what you do at your lunch time...if you can squeeze on in right.

BigBrownSanta

Eat and read Brown Cafe first, of course.

Catch up on news, weather, and the latest financial news through RSS feeds on my phone.

Plan my off work activities.

Conduct personal business by phone.

And most importantly, ignore the DIAD message noise that goes off about every 10 minutes.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I usually take about 30 minutes in the break room or BS with other drivers between 8-8:30 AM. I have an 6:30 Start Time since I do EAMs before my regular route. I always head out the overhead door to avoid the other 50 drivers as soon as the Preload goes down so I miss most PCMs. About 1 PM, I will pull off to the side of the road in a subdivision somewhere and eat a sandwich and candy bar I pack in my lunch box for about 20 minutes. No restaurants on my area to sit in and cool off in the AC. I take my last 10 minutes at 4 PM at the last of my four Pickups. Then I drive back to my Hub and clock out at 4:30 to 5 PM everyday.

DS

Fenderbender
Normally I like to find a quiet spot as well,put my feet up and take at least a half hour to eat.I also use it for doctor, dentist, lawyer, computer guy,haircuts,banking,I bought my house on my break.

satellitedriver

Eat, sort, then stop by my home for a cup of coffee. Browse my email and with the last remaining 45 minutes of my "lunchtime" try and justify to my sups why I can't get all my deliveries off.
Just joking,(kinda)
Those text messages take a lot of time and the time is hard to justify when your time study has been reduced 2hrs a day.
You can trust me on this one though, I get paid for every minute I work.

U

union man

Hard to believe but I stop at gym on route for my lunch.Quick workout and there are also hotties.

Griff

Eat, sort, then stop by my home for a cup of coffee. try and justify to my sups why I can't get all my deliveries off.
Just joking,(kinda)

You can trust me on this one though, I get paid for every minute I work.

So you sort the back of your truck during lunch (for free).

You also communicate with the center somehow during your lunch (for free).

Doesn't sound to me like you get paid for every minute you work. Sounds to me like you work for free.

wadep

Lunch? What the hell is lunch. For the past 2 plus years I haven't seen a lunch break at all. I take lunch, I end up missing, I get written up. Oh take it to the union you say!! They don't do anything around here for us. No wait, the do take there 65 bucks a month faithfully. I just look at it this way now. Instead of being on road for 13 hours, I'm on road 12, the legal limit, ask for and recieve a code 5 , and I'm home to my family an hour earlier.

satellitedriver

So you sort the back of your truck during lunch (for free).

You also communicate with the center somehow during your lunch (for free).

Doesn't sound to me like you get paid for every minute you work. Sounds to me like you work for free.
Grifster,
I doesn't "sound" that way to you?
Your tin foil hat can translate the written word into sound waves?
Do you not know sarcasm when you read it?
Did you miss the part of my post that said;
"Just joking,(kinda)"
I do nothing at UPS for "free".
I communicate to the center "somehow" using the text function in my DIAD.
Just between you and me, Griff ( keep it on the QT) I screw them more per hour than you ever could.
Don't let my secret out, since, I know we are brothers fighting the evil empire.
Ok, I have had my fun.
I have to chose between the Socrates method or the Aesop fable moral tale style,to respond to your post.
I chose Aesop.
I like analogy.
I will keep this as clean as I can.
A ant watched an elephant walk down the jungle path.
As the elephant swayed those big hips to an fro, the ant said to himself,
"I'm gonna get me some of that."
Jumped on the elephants back leg and held on for dear life.
After three days of climbing,(using stealth, the ant did not want to tickle the elephants leg)
When the ant had finally reached his "goal", the elephant stopped under a tree.
The ant knew it was time to consummate his desire,
just then a coconut fell from tree and hit the elephant on the head.
The elephant let out a moan,
and the ant was screaming,"Suffer baby, Suffer."
Get my drift, griff.

Griff

Grifster,
I doesn't "sound" that way to you?
Your tin foil hat can translate the written word into sound waves?
Do you not know sarcasm when you read it?
Did you miss the part of my post that said;
"Just joking,(kinda)"
I do nothing at UPS for "free".
I communicate to the center "somehow" using the text function in my DIAD.
Just between you and me, Griff ( keep it on the QT) I screw them more per hour than you ever could.
Don't let my secret out, since, I know we are brothers fighting the evil empire.
Ok, I have had my fun.
I have to chose between the Socrates method or the Aesop fable moral tale style,to respond to your post.
I chose Aesop.
I like analogy.
I will keep this as clean as I can.
A ant watched an elephant walk down the jungle path.
As the elephant swayed those big hips to an fro, the ant said to himself,
"I'm gonna get me some of that."
Jumped on the elephants back leg and held on for dear life.
After three days of climbing,(using stealth, the ant did not want to tickle the elephants leg)
When the ant had finally reached his "goal", the elephant stopped under a tree.
The ant knew it was time to consummate his desire,
just then a coconut fell from tree and hit the elephant on the head.
The elephant let out a moan,
and the ant was screaming,"Suffer baby, Suffer."
Get my drift, griff.

..Wall of text..

Summary -- Another ***** who works for free.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

whoa let's not turn this thread into a pissing match

I try to get out to my truck in the parking lot and eat a good lunch - unfortunately it's late around 10:15- 11:30 at night now working the twi and night ...always, most importantly, try to squeeze in 30 minutes drumming exercises and rudiments or somethign productive. Keeping busy, thoughtful and moving is IMO they key to not only relaxing and regenerating but focused.

PackageDonkey

Box Delivery Man
One of the best places to take lunch IMO is the library. You have at your disposal books, magazines, and newspapers. Also, its AC controlled in the summer and its a nice place to take a dump.:wink2: