what do you do when a sup has it out for you

preload slave

I preload trucks in a hub i care not to name.. We have a part time sup who is a jerk.. plain and simple.. He thinks he knows it all, has no people skills and just makes life hell. He creates postions that are damn near imposible and doesn't listen to reason.. for example, he once gave our spliter 3 trucks to load (we load belt to car and there is no way 3 trucks can be loaded while you split the belt) and the spliter died every day, was unable to split the belt and his drivers got out late for about 3 weeks. it would take a sup helping him 2 out of the 3 hours daily just barely do ok. When I would ask him why he is giving our spliter so much work and affecting the rest of the belt he would say "the problem is he's not using the methods" or "It's not too much work" or "he's not trying hard enough" and a million other excuses. The pull was really just to hard. He's always takes the "I'm right and your wrong" stance and stands his ground even when he is 100% in the wrong..

To put it short I hate his guts and so does most of the rest of the people in my hub. I've clashed with him many times and now I'm sure he's out to get me anyway he can.. today I went to the bathroom for like 3 mins and asked him if he could cover me.. when I came back I looked in one of my trucks and there was a misload on my shelf 8 that had different hand writing and the truck number written on it.. I don't write the truck number on my packages.. I was gone for only 3 minutes and I dont buy that he just happened to misload in the three mins I was gone.. I called him on it and he said it was a mistake and said "so what do you want to do about it" like he was making a challenge to me.

What sucks is he is in a clique with the rest of the full time sups and there is no one over his head I can go to.. It was leaked to me from a part time sup who is cool that he is even telling his bosses I am saying things that I am not. What would some of you do in a situation like this.. I have already talked to some of my union reps and it seems like nothing is getting done.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
don't ever let that sup or any other supervisor load a box in any of your trucks
when you go to the bathroom either no one loads or another hourly loads. (then you might have someone to blame for the missloads:devil3:)

UPSGUY72

The best thing to do is just ignore him and do you job it will piss him off and he can't do anything about it. The only way he can do anything to you is if you argue with him or you not doing your job otherwise he's SOL.

He could standing in front of you and yelling at you and you could just ignore him and keep doing your job and he can't do anything to you. Just don't get into a pissing match with him.

If you can't keep up with all the work you don't worry about it just make sure the packages you load are in the right truck. Sooner or later he or some other SUP will figure out the he's and idiot.

helenofcalifornia

If he thinks that a splitter can split the belt and load 2-3 trucks, I sure as hell would be asking him to show me how it is supposed to be done. What an ass. But he is your ass and you are stuck with him until he gets promoted. Which he will because all asses usually end up promoted for some reason. One day he will run into the wrong guy who will put him in his place.

If he thinks that a splitter can split the belt and load 2-3 trucks, I sure as hell would be asking him to show me how it is supposed to be done. What an ass. But he is your ass and you are stuck with him until he gets promoted. Which he will because all asses usually end up promoted for some reason. One day he will run into the wrong guy who will put him in his place.

I have had sups and center manager's who were asses...then again I've had sups and center manager's who were very good at that position and enjoyed working for them. To catagorize all mgmt as asses is as stupid as catagorizing all drivers as asses.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
I killed them with kindness & a smile. Battling back would just raise my blood pressure and I knew he was just trying to get me riled up. Just follow the methods and he will soon be gone!

raceanoncr

follow the methods. that will get him real mad as it will tak eyou longer. trust me

I killed them with kindness & a smile. Just follow the methods and he will soon be gone!

EXCELLENT advice! As has been noted here many times, we are shown a ritual of methods we are to follow in our respective duties. MOST of us (yes, me included) try to circumvent those methods to:

(a) run, load, drive, perform quicker

(b) service the customer in what we think is a more efficient manner

(c) get home quicker

(d) just plain try to cheat the company

(e) myriad of other reasons (insert your own here)

What I have found HERE (again, I say HERE, because some of you will always say, "That doesn't work here at my hub!"), is that when you start (why are you STARTING to work by the methods now, only when you have trouble?) working by the methods, you will be working exactly as directed! Isn't that what you're supposed to do?

Also, by "working as directed", you will be making more money. What? Try it. Nuff said on that.

By "working as directed", you will also have no ammunition to be used against you. Wouldn't that be nice? Think of, or ask others, how many people have been fired for "working as directed".

So what if things get backed up! Is it YOUR fault? That is, if you're working as directed? It just takes longer to straighten it out, doesn't it? Taking longer to straighten out is not your problem, it's your RICHARDHEAD supes job, right? If he can't get it straightend out, it's HIS head, right? His, so-called, buddies in management will be "fair-weather" buddies when it comes to his ouster for non-performance.

Just try it, :please:

helenofcalifornia

I called THIS specific supervisor an ass. Of course not ALL management people are asses. I personally think that Hoax is NOT an ass. (Though his wife might think otherwise at times)

over9five

Staff member
Maybe we're misunderstanding this thread. The title is "what do you do when a sup has it out for you"

We're all answering like the sup has it in for him.

Maybe this is sexual harassment. I think the next time the sup has it out for you, you should snap a picture of it. Then you could show his boss.

Please do not post the picture in "How's the view..???"

P

pickup

Appeal to a higher power and pray that said sup wins the lottery and then leaves the job .

P

pickup

Appeal to a higher power and pray that said sup wins the lottery and then leaves the job .

It is really a curse as very few people (especially arrogant ones) do well after winning a lottery. That much being said, anytime the good lord would like to smite me with such a curse, well , I will submit to his will and suffer in silence.

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
i cant believe the splitter died every single day and still kept showing up to work

I've seen managers pull this off quite often. It is allowed because they tend to be more productive.

On subject, always remember the two answers that answer everything at UPS-

1. I do not recall
2. I'll work on that

Also remember the #1 unwritten rule; You CANNOT be fired for being slow if you are following methods.