what do you do when a sup has it out for you

NHDRVR

Preload Slave,
Do what your supervisor tells you to do and do it the best you can. The rest will take care of itself in a surprisingly simple way.
At some point, the issues being created, ie; late trucks/late air etc, will have to be addressed and all you have to do is ride this out a bit.

It's the same for drivers when they are trying to lose work or have something adjusted on their route. After a bit of time of excessive paid over and getting easy OT things will need to be addressed.

Good luck.

nobber

I have been here for 37 yrs, management for 24. I learned along time ago. If you want to get back at your boss just do exactly what they tell you to do

slantnosechevy

Several good pieces of advice posted. If your going to file a harrassment grievance then learn to build your case as they do to hourly. Document everything. Times,dates, and names. Talk to a few fellow workers who you trust and have them get close when he comes around so they can hear whats said. Have them keep working by moving pkgs. so he doesn't suspect. You get the picture. There are ways to win one of these if you do your homework. Despite what some think a harrassment grievance is not looked upon by higher ups as a gold star behind the scenes. Usually the *****holes end up stubbing their toe somewhere down the line. It will catch up to them.

ups1990

Keep working hard. Follow the methods, stay safe and eventually this supervisor will move to a different target. Either this person will transfer to a different hub or center. We've all faced the same situation at UPS, as a part timer and for sure a full timer. If this keeps up, get your shop stewart involved

david cassin

dublinbrown
take him aside where theres no cameras and giving him a good kicking.
if that doesn't work report him to the union..we have a few like that they think they know it all and push people too hard..

M

Mike23

Keep notes of what he says EXACTLY to you and what he wants from you. Have the rest of your preload do the same. He'll burn his own bridge.

He had a jerk of a preload sup (full time) that thought he was god of the building. NO ONE liked him, respected him and I guess A LOT of people called the 800 num on him. He was transferred out.

purplesky

Just go with the flow. Ignore him. You will have many bad sups at UPS and some cool ones. The sooner you learn to live in the UPS culture the better.
Peace

filthpig

I start by peeing in their coffee. If that doesn't back them down, I start spreading rumors about their sexual preferences and recreational drug use. When I'm done with them, they're a shell of their former selves with no money and a wrecked marriage.

bluehdmc

Just walk by him and whisper, "They know."
Then watch him the rest of the day, he'll be looking over his shoulders. :-)

tieguy

Banned
What happens when the grievance is denied and he still has to work for this guy?

agreed. If the guys only problem is that he is a demanding boss then you're going to have a hard time fighting him.

His methods will either make him successful or identify him as a screwed up management person.

Your only hope would be if he crosses the line and does something outrageous that you can call the 800 number on.

Otherwise if he stays between the lines then you're best off just doing your job and ignoring him as much as possible.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
agreed. If the guys only problem is that he is a demanding boss then you're going to have a hard time fighting him.

His methods will either make him successful or identify him as a screwed up management person.

Your only hope would be if he crosses the line and does something outrageous that you can call the 800 number on.

Otherwise if he stays between the lines then you're best off just doing your job and ignoring him as much as possible.

I think Tie may have got lucky last night! He is human after all!

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
I always suspected he was satan

what do you think about me filing grievences on him when I see him doing hourly work.. I'm already a target so I don't see what I've got to lose
Absolutely. Any time he overloads someone and then has to "help" them get caught up, file on it. Just make sure that you are following the methods precisely and it won't matter that you are targeted. Work as directed and don't argue with him unless he tells you to do something that is unsafe.

Dustyroads

There is lots of good advice for you, namely. You are very correct to file against him anytime he touches a package. Keep your eye on him. He will get such an asschewing for that violation, and you will get the grievance pay, in just a little while, he will be trying to stay out of sight of you. You know...those pt sups can't keep their hands off packages. Finally, if it helps at all, with little more effort on your part than just showing up, you will outlast him, and be there when he is long gone.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Send flowers to his wife, that'll drive him crazy trying to find out if she's fooling around (takes attention away from you).