What do you do?

Indecisi0n

You knock on residential door(no DR area) and get no answer. You scan, cross, info noticed and close out 1,2 or final. Walking to truck they come to door. Do you go into delivery and void the NI attempt or just resheet and delivery?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
SOL I closed it out nothing i can do see you tomorrow lol jk I usually just deliver it then go back and void the not in

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Voiding the not in is screwing yourself. You sheet duplicate stop to show a trail if they ask why you took XXX time at that stop. Long ago, before UPS, a smart management person told me to never put myself in a situation where my integrity can be questioned. People could learn a lot at UPS from that one sentence.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Voiding the not in is screwing yourself. You sheet duplicate stop to show a trail if they ask why you took XXX time at that stop. Long ago, before UPS, a smart management person told me to never put myself in a situation where my integrity can be questioned. People could learn a lot at UPS from that one sentence.

Or you could just say "as I was walking away customer called for me and I went back to re-deliver".

YesYouDidPushAButton

If it's a NI3/NM3 You have to void, than re attempt. I know cover your ass, time at stop, yada yada yada, duplicate stop. But even though the tracking number is the same as it was (And thats truely all that matters to the DIAD) you have an exception you have to remove. It will show up on the list as an exception left in the truck, in our center thats almost as bad as an unsheeted pkg found in the truck. I've been through all this, big center, seen alot of others go through it too. It really is simple, just void, redeliver, it will take you 30 seconds.

If it's NI1/2 or NM1/2 you still have to void because your board is still showing a send again in the truck. And even though you hit Duplicate, you will still show up on the list for multiple sheets on the same tracking number. And the fewer reports youre on the better.

UPSGUY72

I don't worry about my times and could careless if management does. I run scratch 95 % of the time if they have a problem with me being at a stop to long that is there problem not mine. I void it out and resheet it.

Sup said if I don't void original stop it will show me with false send agains.

Sounds like your sup had too much time on his hands. If he instructed you to do it a certain way, then do it that way. If he did not specifically instruct you to do it in a certain way, sheet it any way you want, as long as you deliver it. At the end of the day, your center management team has far more important things to deal with than one send again on one truck.

DS

Fenderbender
If the previous entry was "stop completed"..record as "Duplicate Stop"..and deliver.
This is how I do it and the most logical way to do it.
It accounts for the actual situation and time loss.

I don't worry about my times, and could care~less if management does. I run scratch 95 % of the time.Ifriend they have a problem with me being at a stop too long, that is their problem not mine. I void it out and resheet it.
That's until the NEW center manager decides he doesn't like your attitude.

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Outstanding point!!!
Remember what the acronym, DIAD, stands for.
Delivery Information Accusition Device.

It is a tool for you to ACCURATELY represent your days work.
Voiding means it didn't happen.
Duplicate is an ACCURATE depiction of the event.

I don't care about their reports.
Far too often at UPS, we treat the symptoms rather than fix the problem.

Last edited:

ol'browneye

I agree with bubblehead. If you have completed the stop, resheet and duplicate stop. It leaves a trail and I was told when tracking a pkg, the status is determined by the last scan.