What do you do?

What'dyabringmetoday???

Just make sure you are using the right delivery notices. Seems like lately that "they" are too busy watching the telematics stuff and not looking at whether or not you void, duplicate, or whatever else. I bet you can just re-sheet it and nothing gets said. (just don't re-sheet while the truck is running, bulkhead is open, seat belt is off, well, you get the point)

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Just make sure you are using the right delivery notices. Seems like lately that "they" are too busy watching the telematics stuff and not looking at whether or not you void, duplicate, or whatever else. I bet you can just re-sheet it and nothing gets said. (just don't re-sheet while the truck is running, bulkhead is open, seat belt is off, well, you get the point)
Resheeting it without either voiding or duplicating can get you terminated for padding stops (aka falsifying documents)

959Nanook

Ain't that the truth... except if what you do has an impact on their compensation, then you might hear about. Anymore, that seems to be the #1 concern... how my work impacts their bonus. They stopped caring about Telematics within a month of it coming to our Center when the Scratch Center and the Energy Bus came rolling down the line. Frankly, I don't think they will care again until Telematics gets rolled into their bonus compensation. On the other hand, if Telematics can help them achieve Scratch Center...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The voided attempt will still show if your center team tracked the pkg. If they do ask you simply tell them what you told us here. Customer service should always be first and foremost.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
If I am still on the premises I scan as duplicate. However.....If customer chases me down the road after I have left and wants their package it is a second attempt.

Johney

"Void the initial attempt and then redeliver" sounds pretty straightforward to me.
Wrong. If you take the time to fill out a delivery notice then you receive time for that right? Now if you void the first attempt that's gone so you lose time for that stop right? Dup. stop redeliver, should be no time lost. Right? Don't void the time you took to fill out the notice no matter how little it is.

browniehound

I always re-sheet it and then use duplicate stop. However, if I get back in the truck and begin to drive and the customer finally comes out (its like they all hide out behind a couch to see if you will leave it first, then come out to get it) and flags me down, I will take the credit for the extra stop. Why shouldn't I? I got back in the truck and started it, drove it, stopped it, and then delivered the package. THAT sounds like another stop to me and nobody has called me on THAT in 13 years