What Do You Give Your Preloader and/or Helper For Christmas?

mitchemracing4

No kidding , I bust my tail everyday dealing with 800's that have over 400 pieces and normally do around 1,500 pieces every mourning in 5 hours or so . I cant say my labels are always facing to the front , But the packages are always loaded by addresses and never by PAL numbers and are in Order Every Mourning . I do occasionally get a biscuit on Friday so that's nice . But a little cash never hurts either lol .

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
No one should ever have to pee in a bottle. If you pee in a bottle it is considered a hazardous material especially if you're transporting it (the gross pee bottle) in your vehicle. Quite frankly you should be fired for such a gross offense! Check the contract or better yet get some common sense. :O
its safe to say you have no future at ups,

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I give my helper any cookies and food i get during the season as well as either$25 in cash or a gift card at the end of peak.
I have one helluva good loader,and i praise him almost every day,and make it a point to tell the preload supes and any other management who might be in the vicinity just how good a job he does.( it never surprises me how management HATES me praising him to them,i make sure he sees and hears me telling management just how good he is) I usually bring him donuts or Mickey D's once a week and at the end of season tip him between $75-$100.
a little good will goes a LONG way

Buddybrown

Come on out fishing with me someday buddy. If you're not peeing in a bottle or hanging the noodle over the side of the boat when you got to go, you can bet your swimming to shore cause I'm not taking you in!
And fishing out in the middle of nowhere and being on the clock in a package car compare how? Hey peeing in the woods is different than peeing in a package car. :) So when are we going fishing?
its safe to say you have no future at ups,
It is safe to say you don't know what you're talking about. Pee off!

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
You like fishing hard water or soft? Lakes around here are just starting to form ice. Need a good six inches before I'm walking my butt on the ice. Otherwise you will have to wait till next March when the walleyes start running the rivers again.

Anon17

The driver I helped last year gave me a 20 dollar gift card. No complaints here as I did not even know that drivers tipped their helpers or preloaders. I kind of hope I get a tip this season after reading this post lol. The best tip is when a driver looks out for you and doesn't treat you like a temp, which I have thankfully only encountered one time (but the guy was management), so it doesn't count. I will always go the extra mile for the drivers because they always do right by me.

Last edited:

RockdaleEddie

Optimized
I already gave my helper a hundred bucks. He shows up on time works his tail off and never complains. I will probably give him another hundred bucks before christmas. My loader sucks, but I'm sure I will give him something since he is just a product of the system.

bumped

50 bucks for the helper, and 100 bucks for the preloader as long as its the same preloader I get all year. If its just a peak preloader they will get $20. I will then give my regular preloader a tip later in January.

brown bomber

brown bomber
If I had decent loader = decent Christmas gift..............my past few yrs., same loader........loads got poorer each yr.,...then my loader became my helper, guess what,.......I worked more efficiently w/o him..............it's an example of a new accounting principle...and perhaps a new H.R. thesis......it's called S I S O....
Sh..it In Sh..it Out

Returntosender

$100 then say kid get a college degree. Dont ever become UPS Package car driver. Working at UPS is closest you can get to experiencing whats its like in a insane asylum. With out actually being committed.

numberonedriver

I don't give them anything there getting paid and half the time they can't do there job right. I come to my truck and half to load most of it myself then find misloads all day and I'm missing stuff.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't give them anything there getting paid and half the time they can't do there job right. I come to my truck and half to load most of it myself then find misloads all day and I'm missing stuff.

With an attitude like yours you deserve the poor loads.

I already gave my helper a hundred bucks. He shows up on time works his tail off and never complains. I will probably give him another hundred bucks before christmas. My loader sucks, but I'm sure I will give him something since he is just a product of the system.

$200?? Really??