What do you guys think?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I hated drivers like this and he was stealing time and deserved to be fired. he should not get back pay and don't assume he will get his job back. Stealing time is serious.

BTW , I usually don't take the managements side but i did believe in giving a fair days labor for a fair day's pay.

truckofdreams

Back pay works like this. Depending on how much they hate him will decide how long he waits for a hearing. Usually what they do is, theyll tell you right before the hearing, you can come back now, no back pay. If he loses, fired. Or you can roll the dice and go to panel. If he wins, then he gets back pay. We just had a driver come back with pay who was out for a year. Rolled the dice and won
That’s what he says he rolling the dice because he says communicated And it’s their fault for not responding to the messages for over two and a half hours he says he couldn’t find a phone in the parking lot and his phone ran out of minutes lol and he says he going to show everyone his check and tape it to his forehead. But he’s willing to sit as long as it takes with back pay.

truckofdreams

I hated drivers like this and he was stealing time and deserved to be fired. he should not get back pay and don't assume he will get his job back. Stealing time is serious.

BTW , I usually don't take the managements side but i did believe in giving a fair days labor for a fair day's pay.
Sounds fair most of us drivers think it’s fair. 95% of routes in my center are 9.5 now and most drivers want about 10 hours ot. Only the old timers want 40 hours flat a week

UPSER1987

That’s what he says he rolling the dice because he says communicated And it’s their fault for not responding to the messages for over two and a half hours he says he couldn’t find a phone in the parking lot and his phone ran out of minutes lol and he says he going to show everyone his check and tape it to his forehead. But he’s willing to sit as long as it takes with back pay.

I really hate people like this. It’s always someone else’s fault or problem. And I’m sure everyone in his loop has to pickup his slack but are too afraid to confront him face to face. Some drivers are such cowards.

truckofdreams

I really hate people like this. It’s always someone else’s fault or problem. And I’m sure everyone in his loop has to pickup his slack but are too afraid to confront him face to face. Some drivers are such cowards.
Yea everyone in his loop doesn’t say anything to him only to management and other drivers but nothing to him.

ManInBrown

If this is the whole story, its pretty slam dunk. He messaged and they didnt answer. Thats on them. A lot of drivers get nervous though and dont want to roll the dice. Sit out long enough without that grand a week after taxes hurts.

UPSER1987

If this is the whole story, its pretty slam dunk. He messaged and they didnt answer. Thats on them. A lot of drivers get nervous though and dont want to roll the dice. Sit out long enough without that grand a week after taxes hurts.

He messaged...so what? He’s guaranteed 8 hours, nothing else. Put code 06 in the diad and you are guaranteed 8. Do your work and come in. I hope he loses.

Siveriano

We have something similar at our center, a guy made book on a route doing 165 stops under 9 hours, they route hasn't change much, most people will do around the same but now this guy with 140 stops is coming back at 10pm, they even take his pick-ups up and still over 9.5, the manager already bought him wearing a heavy vest like 50 lbs or so, now he is scare that management is on his butt, but he refuse to admit that he is intentionally stealing time.

I believe if you wake up in the morning to work is because you really need the job but if you gonna intentionally fail on the job then I have no sympathy for you.

I'm tired telling people" just do your best so that when they call you to the office you will have nothing to fear."

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
The premise is that if you do NOT get a message back you are supposed to attempt everything and head back when there is nothing left on the diad. It seems awfully :censored2:ty of them to not send a message about having dead time between mailboxes but to send messages for extra work? repeatedly? and demand a response before heading in.

You don't wait you clock out and then file the appropriate grievances. The only wait that seems OK in this story would be if you had dead time between a pickup and no response from the building while attempting to message them.

There has to be more to this story. Somebody can't be this stupid.
The story I hear would get you fired, fired.

Rack em

Made the Podium
The premise is that if you do NOT get a message back you are supposed to attempt everything and head back when there is nothing left on the diad. It seems awfully :censored2:ty of them to not send a message about having dead time between mailboxes but to send messages for extra work? repeatedly? and demand a response before heading in.

You don't wait you clock out and then file the appropriate grievances. The only wait that seems OK in this story would be if you had dead time between a pickup and no response from the building while attempting to message them.

There has to be more to this story. Somebody can't be this stupid.
The story I hear would get you fired, fired.
What if his center manager requires anyone done early to contact the center before heading in? On heavy days we always get messages to "contact the center when done because multiple people need help" I always send a message when I'm finished and wait for them to message me back, is that stealing time?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Everyone knows he steals time but he always follows the methods. Only grabs one box a time opposite corner if he use a hand cart only few boxes says to heavy now. Even if it’s multiple envelope will only do one at a time or hand cart it in. Gets signatures at every residential address. With the cir he stills waits until there done with a customer then puts their name anyway you can find more time he does we all love it down here makes for good tv lol
Sounds like he's not following any methods. Bye.

cachmeifucan

I bet he gets job back and some back pay but not all. It does suck for the the other drivers picking up slack but it's sort of hard for management to hold others to a high standard when this guy lowers the bar all while following the rules. I wonder if he filed for unemployment.

truckofdreams

Word is they set up the driver they had someone there recording him for over two hours. Shop steward told union let’s take this to panel you let him steal time for two hours. If you see an employee doing something wrong it’s up to you guys to bring it to employee attention. Example if you see a driver driving with no seat belt you don’t continue to let him drive you correct it. Driver was told come in tomorrow 8 am let’s see what the outcome is......