What do you say when you call out sick?

10 Pt

Just tell the (a) PM OMS that you'll be out of service for the next day(s) when you are punching out. Saves the time and stress of talking to the PDS or whoever takes your call in the AM.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just tell the (a) PM OMS that you'll be out of service for the next day(s) when you are punching out. Saves the time and stress of talking to the PDS or whoever takes your call in the AM.

Nope. Unless already scheduled off, we are required to call that morning and to speak only to a FT sup.

10 Pt

Please show me where it says it's OK to talk an OMS clerk when calling in sick.
Ok Joe Union, show me where it says that it's not ok.
There's no OMS "clerk" here. We have several OMS ('S' stand for supervisor) positions. None are clerks.
You have no language to support your assertion unless it pertains to your local, area, rider.
Please post your article to support your claim.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Please show me where it says it's OK to talk an OMS clerk when calling in sick.
Oms is considered a "management" person so that should be sufficient enough to pass the info along.. the only reason they want you to talk to a ft sup is to try to intimidate you from not calling out.. fact.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
This is so and so, I'm taking myself out of service for personal reasons. I will call you when I'm coming back in. Bye

If I know it is only for a day, I tell them I am taking myself out of service for personal reasons and will be in tomorrow.

This saves having to call and put yourself back in service the next day.

Oms is considered a "management" person so that should be sufficient enough to pass the info along.. the only reason they want you to talk to a ft sup is to try to intimidate you from not calling out.. fact.

Bingo!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As I said, in my center we are required to talk to either an on car, PDS (who is also an on car) or center manager when we call in "asking" for the day off. If we try to do this through the OMS, primarily because none of the above are available, they will immediately call us back.

hyena

As I said, in my center we are required to talk to either an on car, PDS (who is also an on car) or center manager when we call in "asking" for the day off. If we try to do this through the OMS, primarily because none of the above are available, they will immediately call us back.
Yawn

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
"I'm sick today and I won't be in". Usually followed by "what's wrong with you?". Always followed by "I'm not a doctor and I won't be in".

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Required by...