What do you think is Going to Happen after Peak!

bad company

semi-pro
Every year, Corporate sends someone down to work in the trenches as our Driver Helper Coordinator. I was talking to this guy Friday night and I asked him what he did there. His reply was: "I predict the future". I thought that was pretty interesting, I should have asked him what the Mega Millions numbers were for Friday night. Anyways, he said that he studied what the economy was doing and helps Corporate decide what to do in respect as to planning ahead. He stated that our early peak volumn was a little stronger than expected. Interesting guy, I think I will talk with him some more.

If he can predict the future then why did he have to ask me when and where I was going to pick up my helper?...

And why the hell are the forecasts at UPS always off by so damn much?

How do I get an easy gig like his where I can be wrong 90% of time and be applauded for my efforts?

And ditto on the mega millions... :greedy:

SKAGITDRIVER

I won't be getting layed-off ,but routes will be cut and those who are driving will have larger delivery areas and high stop counts yes money hand over fist will be made but to tired to or no time to spend it.

govols019

You smell that?
he said that he studied what the economy was doing and helps Corporate decide what to do in respect as to planning ahead.

Ask him if he has to stay at work until the last driver in his time zone comes in when his studies are wrong.

UPSGUY72

If it's like last year I'll be getting laid off collecting full unemployment and working either the preload or local sort. Then again maybe I'll decide not to work either and just take the full lay off.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
If he can predict the future then why did he have to ask me when and where I was going to pick up my helper?...

And why the hell are the forecasts at UPS always off by so damn much?

How do I get an easy gig like his where I can be wrong 90% of time and be applauded for my efforts?

And ditto on the mega millions... :greedy:

You have access to him like I do, ask him! He did look a little young to me, so maybe he is new at predicting the future. And he is not in IE.......so its not his fault the forecasts are off so much.The lottery did roll over, maybe I can get a pick from him:smart:

SKAGITDRIVER

If it's like last year I'll be getting laid off collecting full unemployment and working either the preload or local sort. Then again maybe I'll decide not to work either and just take the full lay off.

Just make sure you get your minimum hours for the year before you take the full lay-off

jim1111

I just want to be taken on perminantly after the season. That's what I was hired for and I don't care if I don't drive a T.T. afterwards. I'm willing to do part time dock work. Just hire me!