What does anyone get out of me donating to United Way?

RMR46

Do managers get some sort of bonus for it?
100% you do not have to donate to United Way all you have to do is sign up for RTS the paper and say no and it cannot take it out of your pay our whole center except for one person says no

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

They have to get something out of it. My supervisors stop short of threatening to break my legs if I don’t donate. My first year of driving I declined to donate and my on road said “you know I make your schedule right?” Only time I ever did it. United Way is a scam. So is DRIVE that the union does. They got me too early on. And that was a huge pain to get out of. Three times I had to send a letter to the DC office to get the deductions to stop and each time they “never” got my letter. Had to call UPS payroll and have them freeze the deduction.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Gets me a parking space right next to the guard shack.
Our building got rid of the parking spots. Never officially said why, but there were a handful of almost violent incidents with people stealing parking spots. Also some very funny cases of vandalism. Parking cars in, plastic wrapping the car, covering it in info notices.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Lots of worthwhile charities. Pick one or some and donate yourself. We support our local volunteer fire department and first aid squad for example.

ManInBrown

A few years back we had an employee in our center that was in dire need of help. I contacted the United Way and they told me they could not help him. Never agin will I give to them.
Not surprising. By far ranked one of the worst charities you could ever donate to every year.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
They have to get something out of it. My supervisors stop short of threatening to break my legs if I don’t donate. My first year of driving I declined to donate and my on road said “you know I make your schedule right?” Only time I ever did it. United Way is a scam. So is DRIVE that the union does. They got me too early on. And that was a huge pain to get out of. Three times I had to send a letter to the DC office to get the deductions to stop and each time they “never” got my letter. Had to call UPS payroll and have them freeze the deduction.
I never gave to United Way. But I got jammed up with DRIVE too. It wasn’t much so I left it alone.

nWo

2022 Standard Deductions
$12,950 for single filers. $12,950 for married couples filing separately. $19,400 for heads of households. $25,900 for married couples filing jointly.

You're going to need to itemize $13,000 I'm deductions for your united way donation to lower your taxes.

BlackCat

Had to call UPS payroll
giphy.gif

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
2022 Standard Deductions
$12,950 for single filers. $12,950 for married couples filing separately. $19,400 for heads of households. $25,900 for married couples filing jointly.

You're going to need to itemize $13,000 I'm deductions for your united way donation to lower your taxes.
Wrong. You can write off $600 a couple for cash contributions if you don't itemize.