What happens if you get discharged from Union?

Hateworkingaspreload

He told me on Friday that he got the mail on Thursday that he got 2 warning letters before this and this time he got the mail saying he's been discharged from Union. Does that mean like he's fired from ups or that he's on his own like the scumbag supervisors?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
He told me on Friday that he got the mail on Thursday that he got 2 warning letters before this and this time he got the mail saying he's been discharged from Union. Does that mean like he's fired from ups or that he's on his own like the scumbag supervisors?
The union won't fire you ,, they are there to protect you!!!
Ups will fire you,, call the union for help , and for Christ sakes,,, tell him to show up on time!!
The union will only take your book if you bring
Reproach upon the union or fellow member !

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
One of the guys on my belt my age got discharged for always calling in.

Does it mean he's fired? Or will he just have to pay $200 fee to join back union?
i'll bet you 200 dollars you are talking bout yourself? ya? ya? ask the shop steward or the BA at the union hall for help and advice. that is what you pay for with your union dues.

the union does not fire you. if you do lose your job, you can get a withdrawal card to keep your good standing with the union. that way , it you get another union job you won't have to pay back dues.

Hateworkingaspreload

i'll bet you 200 dollars you are talking bout yourself? ya? ya? ask the shop steward or the BA at the union hall for help and advice. that is what you pay for with your union dues.

the union does not fire you. if you do lose your job, you can get a withdrawal card to keep your good standing with the union. that way , it you get another union job you won't have to pay back dues.
No, not talking about myself. Actually just cashed my 9 sick days last week, I think im ready for the Lamborghini dreams. :)

By The Book

No, not talking about myself. Actually just cashed my 9 sick days last week, I think im ready for the Lamborghini dreams. :)
So your saying you just got a check for about 40 hours? Your friend should file a grievance with his local protesting the discharge. There is a limited amount of time to do this otherwise the union can't help your friend keep his job. If the union sent your friend a letter from their office saying he was discharged, he probably will not be back at UPS.