What happens the day after service cancelation???

huskervi

So Nebraska just got hit with a blizzard. Drivers did not deliver today. I am a preloader and did not work this morning si I have no idea if I should go in early or what. Will we work on saturday to make up for no deliverys today??????

jeremyfix

Well if UPS is the same there as it is here, no you won't work Saturday cause they won't want to pay the overtime. You'll work your behind off tomorrow and play catch up next week to cover what couldn't be delivered today. That's the way it works out here in the Seattle area and we've had plenty of days this winter where drivers couldn't make it up icy hills or power outages affected operations. You name it, it happened this winter. Preload just works harder in the same amount of time.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
So Nebraska just got hit with a blizzard. Drivers did not deliver today. I am a preloader and did not work this morning si I have no idea if I should go in early or what. Will we work on saturday to make up for no deliverys today??????

Depends. Probably not. We delivered in Denver on Saturday after our Peak Day Blizzard but that was extraordinary. -Rocky

outta hours

Well if UPS is the same there as it is here, no you won't work Saturday cause they won't want to pay the overtime.

You might work and there will be no overtime since you were off today Sat. would be your 5th punch of the week, not your 6th. No automatic overtime just a normal day.

T

thisguyisrad

Well if UPS is the same there as it is here, no you won't work Saturday cause they won't want to pay the overtime. You'll work your behind off tomorrow and play catch up next week to cover what couldn't be delivered today. That's the way it works out here in the Seattle area and we've had plenty of days this winter where drivers couldn't make it up icy hills or power outages affected operations. You name it, it happened this winter. Preload just works harder in the same amount of time.

Our center north of seattle worked 2-3 saturdays this peak. We got owned by snow and icy roads... But not very affected by power outages. Just too much backed up volume. Called in like 20 extra drivers for one week to help us catch up.

You might work and there will be no overtime since you were off today Sat. would be your 5th punch of the week, not your 6th. No automatic overtime just a normal day.
If your regular schedule is Mon-Fri and you work on a Sat it will be overtime regardless of what days of the week you worked previous,because it is the sixth day of your workweek. If you worked a Sun it would be double time because it would be the seventh day of your workweek. You do not even have to work the full week before.