What I would change about the Super Bowl

Okay.

Is he a trained NFL fan?

Could I get a two-for -one?

I'll do you one better.
I'll throw in a 17 yr old girl to dress up and teach about shoes. She's a softball tomboy so you have the sporting aspect.
The 10 yr old to be your sports buddy. He's just starting to appreciate girls so you'll have him wrapped around your finger.
And, the previously mentioned 4 yr old cuddle buddy of yours.

All for one low,low,price.

moreluck

golden ticket member
BeeleN20120205_low.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
That commercial prompts me to ask....why isn't the gov't bailing out Hostess.....talk about an American tradition...........twinkie, Hostess Cupcakes, snowballs, etc. That's my school lunchbox treats.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I am letting my true NFL bitch / snob out with this post.

What I would change about SB parties or what I hate about SB parties?

Women that can't allow their men sit in a room with serious football fans because one or two happen to be hot chicks.
(We are here to watch the game...not makeout with your men.)

People that need to talk, talk, talk...during the game.
Don't ask me who is playing.
Don't ask me who is wearing the white shirts.

When the game is back on...don't talk to me about the commercials.
Yes, I will be leaving the party early...I wake up for work at 0200 and I prefer to drive home alone rather than drag my husband out of this party.

P

pickup

What I would change about the Superbowl is this: Just like the AFL and NFL merged to become what the NFL is today, the Canadian Football league should be merged into the NFL. All that talent in Canada and it has no chance of being showcased in the Superbowl. After all, how can it be a championship if the superb Canadian players have no chance to play in it??

Catatonic

Nine Lives
What I would change about the Superbowl is this: Just like the AFL and NFL merged to become what the NFL is today, the Canadian Football league should be merged into the NFL. All that talent in Canada and it has no chance of being showcased in the Superbowl. After all, how can it be a championship if the superb Canadian players have no chance to play in it??

You would be surprised at the number of quality former and current NFL players who have played in the CFL.

I don't think they put the CFL on TV. I have not heard anything since Flutie was in the CFL.

P

pickup

You would be surprised at the number of quality former and current NFL players who have played in the CFL.

I would be , indeed, especially if those players didn't use it as a last stop in their careers and if these players you speak of played in the 90's till now. No pulling 1950's players into this equation.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would be , indeed, especially if those players didn't use it as a last stop in their careers and if these players you speak of played in the 90's till now. No pulling 1950's players into this equation.

Warren Moon, Joe Theisman, Doug Flutie, Adam "Pacman" Jones just to name a few.

P

pickup

Warren Moon, Joe Theisman, Doug Flutie, Adam "Pacman" Jones just to name a few.

Okay even though you threw in a few pre 90 players (Moon, Theisman), I will start from there. Theisman , based on my research , failed in contract negotiations with the dolphins and went to the CFL instead. It looks like the Redskins got the rights to him and he came to the NFL. Looks to me he used his stint in the CFL as a negotiating ploy.

Warren Moon, interesting, I forgot in his time , a black quarterback was not too acceptable and he refused to consider switching positions. Despite a successful collegiate career, he was not drafted by the NFL, most likely due to his insistence on being a QB. Went to the CFL to play his chosen and deserved position, an injustice indeed.

Jones ?? looks like he used the CFL as a pit stop because he was a persona non grata in the NFL at the time.

Flutie , class act(and in case I didn't mention, I thought Moon was also). However, he could have easily finished his career in the CFL. He was lucky to get back to the NFL, although once he got back there, he exceeded expectations.

P

pickup

but come on upstate, don't make me do research on wikipedia. You know who I was trying to needle with that post.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The 'old lady' had a little trouble on the bleachers! I would've rather seen Ceelo for the entire show instead of Madonna.