What IBT corruption?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
17-i made gains in 2013, and has been improved even further now.

The problem with 17-i was the company abused the original intent, for years.
17i is as vague as it has ever been, perhaps even more so with the most recent addition, not to mention the long term inverse verbage "may be suspended in lieu of discharge"(wording is back words, think about it)

....when has that happened and why doesn't the Union insist on it?
Absolutely, I'll take a suspension in lieu of discharge, every time and twice on Sunday.

You guys can't even get that right, or admit it's backwards and correct it in consecutive contracts.

"Serious" to "Cardinal", as well as now expanded arbitray terms like "so egregious", leaves us no closer to being protected from the Company abusing whatever intent there may be in that language (that has to be the worst language in any supplement in the country).
It didn't help matters when discharged members accepted their job back

in exchange for a time served suspension.... adding wind to the company sails.
It didn't help when the Panel continually rolled over on the employee who had the stones to go forward, only to be returned to work, "discharge reduced to suspension, time served" either.

As convenient as it may be for you, in the seat you represent to have, to blame the Company and the members for everything, is simply a load of crap.

Are you really dillusional enough to look in the mirror and say all that stuff, then walk away convinced???

You're a funny guy.

SMH

~Bbbl~™

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
@Bubblehead

I could dissect your post.... line for line.

But, life is to short.

The Central Regional Chairman for the Union, was present at your Local meeting.

What's your "take".... on your involvement in the discussion ?

-Bug-

F

Frankie's Friend

17i is as vague as it has ever been, perhaps even more so with the most recent addition, not to mention the long term inverse verbage "may be suspended in lieu of discharge"(wording is back words, think about it)

....when has that happened and why doesn't the Union insist on it?
Absolutely, I'll take a suspension in lieu of discharge, every time and twice on Sunday.

You guys can't even get that right, or admit it's backwards and correct it in consecutive contracts.

"Serious" to "Cardinal", as well as now expanded arbitray terms like "so egregious", leaves us no closer to being protected from the Company abusing whatever intent there may be in that language (that has to be the worst language in any supplement in the country).

It didn't help when the Panel continually rolled over on the employee who had the stones to go forward, only to be returned to work, "discharge reduced to suspension, time served" either.

As convenient as it may be for you, in the seat you represent to have, to blame the Company and the members for everything, is simply a load of crap.

Are you really dillusional enough to look in the mirror and say all that stuff, then walk away convinced???

You're a funny guy.

SMH

~Bbbl~™
What really doesn't help is when the Union side does not present all the evidence at the panel that could save a member's job. I know of one issue in the last 5 years that is a scathing condemnation of what happened to a member that was taken out for 17 I.
From all the facts presented (and not presented) the Union caved to corporate's wishes to get rid of that person.
@toonertoo is witness.

It's down to political resolve and that is a crap shoot at times.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
What really doesn't help is when the Union side does not present all the evidence at the panel that could save a member's job. I know of one issue in the last 5 years that is a scathing condemnation of what happened to a member that was taken out for 17 I.
From all the facts presented (and not presented) the Union caved to corporate's wishes to get rid of that person.
@toonertoo is witness.

It's down to political resolve and that is a crap shoot at times.
....no precedence set?

SoCalUPS

Everyone of the loyal Hoffa cronies has skeletons in their closet. Name a vote "Yes" local and i can guarantee there is dirt on the head