What If Tebow was a Muslim?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
No,,, there is no double standard.... you are looking for one.... the whole Tebow thing was about some people getting their panties in a wad because he is so outspoken.... fact is he has had something to do with their success,,, just the fact that he is so positive and his teammates play much better than what they were "supposed" to. I dont have to be a mind reader... there is no double standard

Right. No double standard? BS. Folks like you believe we are a "Christian Nation". Sorry, but we're not because we are supposed to have freedom of religion in this country. Tebow is free to kneel and pray, or do whatever he wants on the field because that's OK with you and those that think like you do. But if he were to praise Islam in the exact same manner, there would be a firestorm, because religious "freedom" is a joke in this country. You are free to express yourself, as long as you are Christian.

Tebow can do whatever he wants, but if someone else does a TD dance for Allah and then spews Islamic hyperbole all over the media, don't criticize them for exercising their religious freedom.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
In Green Bay, WI, a man, a mere mountain of a man, would take a knee before and after a game between men.

He did not hide his spirituality.

No one questioned the color of his faith and men would cross fields of green to be in his presence with him.

And what if he was a Muslim?

Instead, no one dare question him or comment on his faith.

Could it be because his skin was not White?

(Forgive me. If my words offend - I do not post with intent to harm or hurt. I post with deep respect for this man.)

Reggie White: Forever and Ever Amen - YouTube!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I wonder what would happen if Mr. Tebow started crediting Allah for all of his gridiron success? I'm sure everyone would approve if he threw-down a prayer rug after every TD, took off his shoes, and prayed to Meccah. My guess is that there would be a complete meltdown on the Right, as all of them excoriated Tebow for using his football fame to promote Islam.

The Right. Upholding the Double Standard for all of us.

Obama would join him.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Obama would join him.

What if he did? That should be anyone's right. Like I said, there's a double standard. One of the basic foundations of American "freedom" is the right of the minority to be able to speak and worship as freely as the majority. It's kind of scary that all of you Right Wing patriots kind of forget that.

tourists24

Right. No double standard? BS. Folks like you believe we are a "Christian Nation". Sorry, but we're not because we are supposed to have freedom of religion in this country. Tebow is free to kneel and pray, or do whatever he wants on the field because that's OK with you and those that think like you do. But if he were to praise Islam in the exact same manner, there would be a firestorm, because religious "freedom" is a joke in this country. You are free to express yourself, as long as you are Christian.

Tebow can do whatever he wants, but if someone else does a TD dance for Allah and then spews Islamic hyperbole all over the media, don't criticize them for exercising their religious freedom.
Who is doing this criticizing? They have the right to do it all they want. I dont hate anyone for expressing their beliefs. You are the one trying to show some kind of double standard that isnt there for the most part. Im sure there are some religious wackos that call themselves christian but thats a small number.

tourists24

If it were 99%, the principle of freedom of religion should remain the same. If I worship a golf ball, my "religion" should be just as respected as Christianity. The point remains that if Tebow were something other than a Christian there would be major problems.
Only in your mind would there be problems. Everything else you said is very correct.

rod

Retired 22 years
It's the double standard I object to, not his conviction. I'm simply pointing out that there would be a furor if he were Muslim. He can be as devout as he wishes. And I don't recall Ali being quite as dramatic as Tebow.

Ali only got dramatic about being a muslim when the subject of being drafted during the Vietnam war came up. He may have been a "great" fighter but he is a chicken sh.t American.