What is an Overflow Route?

AndrewK

That's where you get add/remove stuff from other routes but it's always either left on the other car or not taken off yours so you spend forever looking for packages you don't have or end up with a bunch of misloads. Also, the drivers you get stops from go out with less stops and packages and finish earlier and you also get a rental everyday. I do this in my center. The route is a cluster*. No 1,2,3,4's. Few weeks ago I had 80% 8000's. 4 cities with the same HIN. I watch new guys go out in package cars with 200 stops to one giant neighborhood. Management won't let me bump. 11 hours of OT already this week. Today it was one of the Enterprise trucks with the lift gate and the bumper pretty much at my chest. My shoulder is on fire from pulling the door down all day. This has been the majority of the year for me. About ready to turn in my two weeks notice and try to go back PT inside.
How long have you been doing this for? Years?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Do It!!
That's where you get add/remove stuff from other routes but it's always either left on the other car or not taken off yours so you spend forever looking for packages you don't have or end up with a bunch of misloads. Also, the drivers you get stops from go out with less stops and packages and finish earlier and you also get a rental everyday. I do this in my center. The route is a cluster*. No 1,2,3,4's. Few weeks ago I had 80% 8000's. 4 cities with the same HIN. I watch new guys go out in package cars with 200 stops to one giant neighborhood. Management won't let me bump. 11 hours of OT already this week. Today it was one of the Enterprise trucks with the lift gate and the bumper pretty much at my chest. My shoulder is on fire from pulling the door down all day. This has been the majority of the year for me. About ready to turn in my two weeks notice and try to go back PT inside.

wht1zzfe

How long have you been doing this for? Years?
Most of this year. Driving for two now. Going out in these diesel rentals with the rear bumper almost to my chest is dumb. Just go do this resi route in the bulk truck, dudes. I would love to watch these people in charge do this. I'm only 34 and I hurt all over right now.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Most of this year. Driving for two now. Going out in these diesel rentals with the rear bumper almost to my chest is dumb. Just go do this resi route in the bulk truck, dudes. I would love to watch these people in charge do this. I'm only 34 and I hurt all over right now.
Pfffft.

Rentals: heat and radio and charger in winter.

Rentals: AC and radio and charger in summer.

PC: nothing.

I used to try and say my PC was busted everyday trying to get a Penske

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Tell them that’s unsafe then grieve it if they don’t put you in a pkg car

Cloud

Pfffft.

Rentals: heat and radio and charger in winter.

Rentals: AC and radio and charger in summer.

PC: nothing.

I used to try and say my PC was busted everyday trying to get a Penske
I got to use a Penske today. The AC unit was busted-didn't work and the seat gets scorching hot and ur ass feels like its on fire during the day.