What is an Overflow Route?

iowa boy

THEN LETS HIRE DRIVERS!!!!!!

Such a crazy concept I know.
Thing is now we are being told Saturday delivery sometime in August. So why would UPS hire more drivers now when we will have seasonals and PVD's all summer to cover our screw-ups. Then come August start hiring 22.4's. Saves UPS a crapton of money all summer long.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Thing is now we are being told Saturday delivery sometime in August. So why would UPS hire more drivers now when we will have seasonals and PVD's all summer to cover our screw-ups. Then come August start hiring 22.4's. Saves UPS a crapton of money all summer long.
I despise the summer seasonal period

Brownslave688

Package should be just like feeders. Anytime a gypsy comes into your yard theaters are guaranteed they're 60 hours
You want to scab out our work and cut us down with no overtime then friend* you
PVD pay union dues here so the union gives zero :censored2:s how much they use them. It’s basically free money to the union. They’ll never draw a pension or file a grievance or vote on a contract

MrBates

Alot of drivers (especially cover drivers) in my hub are assigned to work overflow in areas that management know they have strong area knowledge in..just wondering has this happened to you before? Are these considered routes and how long does one usually stay working overflow for? Reason I ask this is because one driver told me today that they did overflow for 10 years straight before they won their first bid run
Working overflow here means you take with you a bunch of different diads that have a copy of the each route your going to help. You'll go to each driver and take stops off them. Be prepared to press accept all day once the diad syncs with the guy you are helping. Don't go too fast or the guy your helping will know your a runner by how fast his diad updates. Going fast doesn't mean you'll go home early, the faster you go the more people you'll be able to take stops from. Oh, and make sure the OMS fixes your time card at the end of the night.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Working overflow here means you take with you a bunch of different diads that have a copy of the each route your going to help. You'll go to each driver and take stops off them. Be prepared to press accept all day once the diad syncs with the guy you are helping. Don't go too fast or the guy your helping will know your a runner by how fast his diad updates. Going fast doesn't mean you'll go home early, the faster you go the more people you'll be able to take stops from. Oh, and make sure the OMS fixes your time card at the end of the night.
Who the eff has extra diads these days!!??

MrBates

Who the eff has extra diads these days!!??
Apparently our center has plenty. New guy shows up to take 30 stops from me on a day that was heavy on every route. I get ready to transfer the work and he says no, I have a copy of your diad. In fact he had 7 diads in his 4000 section..and a bunch of empty red bull cans...smh

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Package should be just like feeders. Anytime a gypsy comes into your yard theaters are guaranteed they're 60 hours
You want to scab out our work and cut us down with no overtime then friend* you
Yup. Coyotes on the yard? Can’t force me to go home. I didn’t know package side likes the hours though.

Brownslave688

Yup. Coyotes on the yard? Can’t force me to go home. I didn’t know package side likes the hours though.
I don’t like the hours. Hell I don’t even like working 5 days a week but if the choices are me working 5 12’s or sups and scabs working give me the 5 12’s and :censored2: em

542thruNthru

Had a customer tell me I make her moist...

224 Mafia overflow underboss
Its because you spit when you talk.
tenor-116.gif

wht1zzfe

That's where you get add/remove stuff from other routes but it's always either left on the other car or not taken off yours so you spend forever looking for packages you don't have or end up with a bunch of misloads. Also, the drivers you get stops from go out with less stops and packages and finish earlier and you also get a rental everyday. I do this in my center. The route is a cluster:censored2:. No 1,2,3,4's. Few weeks ago I had 80% 8000's. 4 cities with the same HIN. I watch new guys go out in package cars with 200 stops to one giant neighborhood. Management won't let me bump. 11 hours of OT already this week. Today it was one of the Enterprise trucks with the lift gate and the bumper pretty much at my chest. My shoulder is on fire from pulling the door down all day. This has been the majority of the year for me. About ready to turn in my two weeks notice and try to go back PT inside.