What is overworked? How do I balance this?

flappybutt

My route just keeps blowing up. I have an industrial/commercial/rural route. It can be a anywhere from 75 stops 120ish miles with 33 pickups, to 60 miles 120 stops, 33 pickups. There is one pickup that has been extremely heavy this whole pandemic. Before in decent days it would be 30 ground pieces, 10 or so air. Lately it's been 80 ground and 125+ air. Which causes me to get the air first, go unload and then go back for the ground and then finish my 30 or more stops causing me to go over 9.5. I brick out my truck everyday with air front to back. My pickups start about 3:30 and I deliver nothing in between them till after I get my air unloaded at 6:15. The solution has me running about 30 stops in between pickups which is impossible unless they want missed businesses.

If I have a bad load, which is everyday I have over 300 + packages. I lose about 2 hours, then I end up having to go back and unload my ground before the feeder leaves which is at 9:15pm which makes me punchout at around 10:30

The last guy who ran this route defuncted on a bad back and was always hopped up on pain pills and never had as heavy of pickups. He would be done at 6 everyday. The lady before him had bout 50 less stops and had double knee surgery before changing routes.

I take my minimum lunch. Thinking about taking my full hour and telling them I won't be able to get my businesses off in time. Which happened yesterday and I didn't even take my whole lunch. I don't want to bid on another route. This route regularly goes by my house and is sometimes the only time I can see my kid and family. Do I have any recourse against this monster route? I've been over 9.5 eight times so far this year.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
My route just keeps blowing up. I have an industrial/commercial/rural route. It can be a anywhere from 75 stops 120ish miles with 33 pickups, to 60 miles 120 stops, 33 pickups. There is one pickup that has been extremely heavy this whole pandemic. Before in decent days it would be 30 ground pieces, 10 or so air. Lately it's been 80 ground and 125+ air. Which causes me to get the air first, go unload and then go back for the ground and then finish my 30 or more stops causing me to go over 9.5. I brick out my truck everyday with air front to back. My pickups start about 3:30 and I deliver nothing in between them till after I get my air unloaded at 6:15. The solution has me running about 30 stops in between pickups which is impossible unless they want missed businesses.

If I have a bad load, which is everyday I have over 300 + packages. I lose about 2 hours, then I end up having to go back and unload my ground before the feeder leaves which is at 9:15pm which makes me punchout at around 10:30

The last guy who ran this route defuncted on a bad back and was always hopped up on pain pills and never had as heavy of pickups. He would be done at 6 everyday. The lady before him had bout 50 less stops and had double knee surgery before changing routes.

I take my minimum lunch. Thinking about taking my full hour and telling them I won't be able to get my businesses off in time. Which happened yesterday and I didn't even take my whole lunch. I don't want to bid on another route. This route regularly goes by my house and is sometimes the only time I can see my kid and family. Do I have any recourse against this monster route? I've been over 9.5 eight times so far this year.
Take your whole lunch
Call and let them know you’re not going to get it done
Grieve the 9.5’s
why is this so hard to figure out

flappybutt

Take your whole lunch
Call and let them know you’re not going to get it done
Grieve the 9.5’s
why is this so hard to figure out
I grieve every 9.5. I call for help everyday at that pickup when they wont all fit. They send the person with the smallest truck they can who is done at 5:30. They have hired 6 new drivers this year, 3 of them didn't make it. The other 3 get 4hrs of work everyday helping more seniority guys. Why take lunch and get off at 8:30 when I can take minimum and get off at 7:15?

I grieve every 9.5. I call for help everyday at that pickup when they wont all fit. They send the person with the smallest truck they can who is done at 5:30. They have hired 6 new drivers this year, 3 of them didn't make it. The other 3 get 4hrs of work everyday helping more seniority guys. Why take lunch and get off at 8:30 when I can take minimum and get off at 7:15?
Welp, then it sounds like there's nothing you can do. Good luck.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Ohh-k then Flappy keep doing what you’re doing until you learn to play the game

@Indecisi0n lock it down

How did the meeting go between you, your district labor manager, and your BA?

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Your labor manager will eventually get tired of signing those 9.5 checks. Idk if other areas do it other than ours but we get something called air help which is an air driver comes and gets the air off of us if we aren’t back by 8pm.
It’s a message sent in our board around 4 everyday and I always say yes

What'dyabringmetoday???

Must be really long meal in your supplement. Lol.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Maybe go into feeders or an inside job.
m20-1.png

Bid another route

allahuakbar

She/Her
Stick with the half hour lunch. You hit 9.5 sooner. Don’t sort at all(even on the clock). Bring back work every night. They’ll lighten you up. If not you’ll easily make over 10k+ a year in just grievance money.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

You’ve been over 9.5 8 times or you’ve filed 8.5 grievances? Meaning 24 times minimum?

Either way that’s not much. I’ve made over 3k on 9.5 grievances this year and gave them a pass til like April because of weather.

Filing, collect your money and move on.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Change your overworking habits to communication and note-taking. If you can't safely get a time commit off, can't get as many pickups done without undue stress to your body. These two things will protect you from the service failures that need to occur on an overdispatched route for them to do anything.

bumped

Run your route by Orion.
Take your full lunch between 12-1.
Figure out how many businesses you have left.
Run Orion up until the point you have to break to get your businesses off to make commit time.
Start pickups.
When/if you blow out then tell them what needs to be covered.
Go back to Orion
Don't go back to unload unless you are instructed to.
Make management make the decision.