What is overworked? How do I balance this?

542thruNthru

I grieve every 9.5. I call for help everyday at that pickup when they wont all fit. They send the person with the smallest truck they can who is done at 5:30. They have hired 6 new drivers this year, 3 of them didn't make it. The other 3 get 4hrs of work everyday helping more seniority guys. Why take lunch and get off at 8:30 when I can take minimum and get off at 7:15?
Ok then, keep getting it done big guy. You're your own worst enemy. Killing yourself to be off by 715pm. Instead of sucking it up for a month or two and shoving it down UPS's throat with missed buisness, missed stops and missed pick ups all while collecting fat 9.5 checks.

UPS will keep riding you until you finally either break down or fight back. Something tells me you're too much of a whipped mule to fight back so invest in a nice wheelchair ramp for when that time comes.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I had one. There are industrial commercial centers out in the country. Every new sup or bus rep that came out to my area were surprised at how much business was in the country. I had 50 pickups in a tight area. With rural del.
they drive p1000 in rural areas? might not be as “rural” as you think ...we can barely deliver out of the last 500s we have on our rural routes.
🧔✊

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I bet you're playing come on handy on that route
26CFED6B-E288-40DB-82F0-37B92E9E24DE.gif

35years

Gravy route
You say you regularly punch at 10:15 not taking full lunch.

Then you say why take full lunch when I can punch at 7:15 by not taking it.

Time to wake up if you don't want your kid growing up without a dad.

Take your full lunch. Tell them approx how many business deliveries you will miss. Don't go back and unload unless they order you to. Text them to come take the NDA pickup vollume off you.

If you continue what you are doing your kid will be messed up. Kids know when thier dad isn't fighting to be home for them. You will regret it. Burning break gets you home a half hour earlier for one day...and ensures you will have big dispatches EVERY day.

All you have to do is be consistent doing what others have told you in this thread for a few months. Your load will eventually lighten, and you will see your kid.

Stop shooting yourself in the foot and bitching about how it hurts. Be a man.

Last edited:

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
My route just keeps blowing up. I have an industrial/commercial/rural route. It can be a anywhere from 75 stops 120ish miles with 33 pickups, to 60 miles 120 stops, 33 pickups. There is one pickup that has been extremely heavy this whole pandemic. Before in decent days it would be 30 ground pieces, 10 or so air. Lately it's been 80 ground and 125+ air. Which causes me to get the air first, go unload and then go back for the ground and then finish my 30 or more stops causing me to go over 9.5. I brick out my truck everyday with air front to back. My pickups start about 3:30 and I deliver nothing in between them till after I get my air unloaded at 6:15. The solution has me running about 30 stops in between pickups which is impossible unless they want missed businesses.

If I have a bad load, which is everyday I have over 300 + packages. I lose about 2 hours, then I end up having to go back and unload my ground before the feeder leaves which is at 9:15pm which makes me punchout at around 10:30

The last guy who ran this route defuncted on a bad back and was always hopped up on pain pills and never had as heavy of pickups. He would be done at 6 everyday. The lady before him had bout 50 less stops and had double knee surgery before changing routes.

I take my minimum lunch. Thinking about taking my full hour and telling them I won't be able to get my businesses off in time. Which happened yesterday and I didn't even take my whole lunch. I don't want to bid on another route. This route regularly goes by my house and is sometimes the only time I can see my kid and family. Do I have any recourse against this monster route? I've been over 9.5 eight times so far this year.
god , this gets out. just work the methods to a T and make managers make the necessary adjustments. you guys are your own worse enemies.

BrownStains

Sounds like a horrible route . How do you have 120 miles one day and then 60 miles. ? Ups dispatch people should have some consistency with that. And has 30 pickups. Try to pickup some places when you deliver if that’s possible

bdmiz

god , this gets out. just work the methods to a T and make managers make the necessary adjustments. you guys are your own worse enemies.
it absolutely blows my mind when drivers complain about heavy dispatch and in the same sentence they say YEAH WELL I SKIP MY BREAKS AND TAKE A HALF LUNCH SO I CAN GET HOME SOONER. Get with the program junior, thats WHY you are overdispatched.

rentadawg

I grieve every 9.5. I call for help everyday at that pickup when they wont all fit. They send the person with the smallest truck they can who is done at 5:30. They have hired 6 new drivers this year, 3 of them didn't make it. The other 3 get 4hrs of work everyday helping more seniority guys. Why take lunch and get off at 8:30 when I can take minimum and get off at 7:15?
My buddy in another center leaves with 96 stops with nearly 500 pieces and pickups around 600 pieces on a industrial business route. He’s been taking his 1hr lunch and calling help for pickups and still doesn’t get his overall workload reduce. The “work slow” mentality doesn’t work for everyone. Another driver gets close to that and he’s been there since 1989. It varies widely for different hubs

Siveriano

My route just keeps blowing up. I have an industrial/commercial/rural route. It can be a anywhere from 75 stops 120ish miles with 33 pickups, to 60 miles 120 stops, 33 pickups. There is one pickup that has been extremely heavy this whole pandemic. Before in decent days it would be 30 ground pieces, 10 or so air. Lately it's been 80 ground and 125+ air. Which causes me to get the air first, go unload and then go back for the ground and then finish my 30 or more stops causing me to go over 9.5. I brick out my truck everyday with air front to back. My pickups start about 3:30 and I deliver nothing in between them till after I get my air unloaded at 6:15. The solution has me running about 30 stops in between pickups which is impossible unless they want missed businesses.

If I have a bad load, which is everyday I have over 300 + packages. I lose about 2 hours, then I end up having to go back and unload my ground before the feeder leaves which is at 9:15pm which makes me punchout at around 10:30

The last guy who ran this route defuncted on a bad back and was always hopped up on pain pills and never had as heavy of pickups. He would be done at 6 everyday. The lady before him had bout 50 less stops and had double knee surgery before changing routes.

I take my minimum lunch. Thinking about taking my full hour and telling them I won't be able to get my businesses off in time. Which happened yesterday and I didn't even take my whole lunch. I don't want to bid on another route. This route regularly goes by my house and is sometimes the only time I can see my kid and family. Do I have any recourse against this monster route? I've been over 9.5 eight times so far this year.
read bellow

Last edited:

Siveriano

oh bro totally missed this.
Lmao that's why you stressing out while most of the other old school trouble maker drivers do probably 60% of the work you do and go home earlier than you.

" why is UPS exploiting me when i already give them 1 hour of work for free"

11.19igrad

🥺😞