What is President Bush Responsible for?

av8torntn

Brett,

I am amazed how people say BUSH kept us "SAFE" as a president. I am confused, considering he DID NOT keep us safe, and the worst terrorist attack on our country happened on HIS WATCH. He cost americans and visitors their lives to the tune of 3000 when terrorists attacked our country while he read "my pet goat". Republicans only want to remember that nothing happened after the worst terrorist attack on our country and they call that safe? Really?

If you were to apply your own flawed "logic" the attack on this nation would be the fault of Clinton.

klein

Für Meno :)
The expansion of medicare, department of education, and the creation of DHS.

And the creation of "SNAP", which any good republican would have done - made it easier for welfare receipients to collect and use food stamps :

In 2004, Food Stamp paper coupons were replaced with cards similar to debit cards onto which benefits can be loaded. In 2008 they were renamed Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits though most people still call them food stamps.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

And the creation of "SNAP", which any good republican would have done - made it easier for welfare receipients to collect and use food stamps :

In 2004, Food Stamp paper coupons were replaced with cards similar to debit cards onto which benefits can be loaded. In 2008 they were renamed Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits though most people still call them food stamps.

SNAP does not make it easier to get benefits--it is designed to take away the stigma associated with food stamp paper coupons.

upsgrunt

I haven't seen much stigma where I'm from- more flaunt, fraud, and waste; possibly embarrassment, but not very often.

moreluck

golden ticket member
It's the people with food stamps who are buying the lobster & shrimp & crab at the butcher's case........it's the regular wage earner's buying the bologna & hot dogs in the cases further down the line.

Hey, our Ralph's had a dozen eggs for 25 cents the other day!!! We hard boiled them up and had egg salad sandwiches one day, then devilled eggs and hubby took a golf snack of hard boiled eggs. Great bargain.

klein

It's the people with food stamps who are buying the lobster & shrimp & crab at the butcher's case........it's the regular wage earner's buying the bologna & hot dogs in the cases further down the line.

Hey, our Ralph's had a dozen eggs for 25 cents the other day!!! We hard boiled them up and had egg salad sandwiches one day, then devilled eggs and hubby took a golf snack of hard boiled eggs. Great bargain.

The big problem is, those same workers you bought those eggs from, live on food stamps themselves !
They get minimum wage ($8 /hr, give or take), and are only part-time employed, and only get 25-32 hrs per week work.

But. you'll never see that.
It's not all umemployed that get food assistance, in fact more and more employed people relay on them !
They are also waiting for the big trickle down of the tax cuts for the rich !

klein

It's the people with food stamps who are buying the lobster &amp; shrimp &amp; crab at the butcher's case........it's the regular wage earner's buying the bologna &amp; hot dogs in the cases further down the line.<BR><BR>Hey, our Ralph's had a dozen eggs for 25 cents the other day!!! We hard boiled them up and had egg salad sandwiches one day, then devilled eggs and hubby took a golf snack of hard boiled eggs. Great bargain.
The big problem is, those same workers you bought those eggs from, live on food stamps themselves !They get minimum wage ($8 /hr, give or take), and are only part-time employed, and only get 25-32 hrs per week work.
It's not all umemployed that get food assistance, in fact more and more employed people relay on them !

Lue C Fur

Evil member
The big problem is, those same workers you bought those eggs from, live on food stamps themselves !
They get minimum wage ($8 /hr, give or take), and are only part-time employed, and only get 25-32 hrs per week work.

Thats right Moreluck...just think about that next time your eating your 25cent eggs...LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe you should buy the eggs that are 2bucks a dozen because they are paying high wages to their chicken laying egg workers. LMAO!!!!!

klein

Thats right Moreluck...just think about that next time your eating your 25cent eggs...LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe you should buy the eggs that are 2bucks a dozen because they are paying high wages to their chicken laying egg workers. LMAO!!!!!

Yup, laugh all you want (Super Power USA and how people need to live there) :

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Genna Saucedo supervises cashiers at a Wal-Mart in Pico Rivera, California, but her wages aren't enough to feed herself and her 12-year-old son.
Saucedo, who earns $9.70 an hour for about 26 hours a week and lives with her mother, is one of the many Americans who survive because of government handouts in what has rapidly become a food stamp nation.

About forty percent of food stamp recipients are, like Saucedo, in households in which at least one member of the family earns wages. Many more could be eligible: the government estimates one in three who could be on the program are not.

And 6 percent of the 72.9 million Americans paid by the hour received wages at or below the federal minimum wage of $7.25 an hour in 2010. That's up from 4.9 percent in 2009, and 3 percent in 2002, according to government data.

klein

If you got too much free food, then why didn't you just let those food stamps expire ?
Set an example, and the government would have known they are handing too much out !

How would they ever know, otherwise ?

Bad Gas!

Bush spent way too much money during his eight year term.. Senator Obama is quoted saying Bush spent too much money. He said Bush was unpatriotic to spend our childrens money and to basicly wtite checks to China...And I agree, Bush spent too much money.. Obama, the left hypocrit, spent as much as Bush did in eight years in less than three..Get rid of his hiney-bo...And everyone in congress and the senate( left and right) who continue to spend money we dont have as a nation on entitlements and illegal alien immigrants!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
If you got too much free food, then why didn't you just let those food stamps expire ?
Set an example, and the government would have known they are handing too much out !

How would they ever know, otherwise ?

For the same reason the rich don't voluntarily send a check to the IRS

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Klein, I 'm sure you have played Monopoly. Remember the "Bank Error In Your Favor" card? Would you keep the money or would you give it back?

As far as having extra food stamps or the food stamps that you have expiring, I believe the new SNAP card has corrected that problem.

Klein, I 'm sure you have played Monopoly. Remember the "Bank Error In Your Favor" card? Would you keep the money or would you give it back?

As far as having extra food stamps or the food stamps that you have expiring, I believe the new SNAP card has corrected that problem.
It also helps in preventing the selling of food stamps to people who don't qualify. Why anyone would buy them is beyond me, but there have been documented cases of such. Well, I guess if someone would sell their FS for a 1/4 of face value to get cash for drugss or alcohol then , maybe.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It also helps in preventing the selling of food stamps to people who don't qualify. Why anyone would buy them is beyond me, but there have been documented cases of such. Well, I guess if someone would sell their FS for a 1/4 of face value to get cash for drugss or alcohol then , maybe.

That was one of the big problems with food stamps--people would sell them at a discount to get cash for booze and drugs.