What is President Bush Responsible for?

moreluck

golden ticket member
It also helps in preventing the selling of food stamps to people who don't qualify. Why anyone would buy them is beyond me, but there have been documented cases of such. Well, I guess if someone would sell their FS for a 1/4 of face value to get cash for drugss or alcohol then , maybe.

What happens is.........I have food stamps, only I can't buy cigs. or alcohol or toilet paper. So, I go to the grocery store with you and you need $40 worth of groceries. I pay for your food with my food stamps and you give me $40 so I can get that other stuff. It was done all the time.

What happens is.........I have food stamps, only I can't buy cigs. or alcohol or toilet paper. So, I go to the grocery store with you and you need $40 worth of groceries. I pay for your food with my food stamps and you give me $40 so I can get that other stuff. It was done all the time.
That's not the scenario that I was thinking about, but the outright selling for cash to buy booze and illegal drugs. What you were doing was just as illegal. There are reasons why they place restrictions on certain items. I have no idea why one couldn't buy TP, but the booze and smokes I can. IMO buying those are on the same line as lobster and crab...etc. Those are not necessities.

moreluck

golden ticket member
That's not the scenario that I was thinking about, but the outright selling for cash to buy booze and illegal drugs. What you were doing was just as illegal. There are reasons why they place restrictions on certain items. I have no idea why one couldn't buy TP, but the booze and smokes I can. IMO buying those are on the same line as lobster and crab...etc. Those are not necessities.

Just to be clear.....that was just an example and I never did that........but it was done all the time.

upsgrunt

It's still done. The person with the link card looks for someone, say, with about 100 dollars worth of groceries in their cart. They then propose to that person that they can charge the groceries on their link card for 50 dollars cash. It happens all the time.