What is the training at ups for Drivers

harleyman

I just got hired and i have training next week.. What do i have to do?? Is there a tests, road tests?? I took a road test on my interview.. I just wanna know so i can be ready.. Is there any you guys can tell me to help me out, if there is a test..

brownrodster

I just got hired and i have training next week.. What do i have to do?? Is there a tests, road tests?? I took a road test on my interview.. I just wanna know so i can be ready.. Is there any you guys can tell me to help me out, if there is a test..

What I remember of my training week which was not too terribly long ago.

DOK. You have to memorize a lot of safety stuff called Depth Of Knowledge.

3 supervised rides in a UPS truck with windows and extra seats in back.

At least 50 computer based tests. Stacks of papers you have to read then sign.

Presentations from a few people. What I can remember: Automotive presentation. A head mechanic dude tells you some stuff. Security presentation. A hard core guy tells you all sorts of stuff not to do. IE presentation. they talk about how to be a package delivering ninja.

Finally at the end of the week you do the DIAD test. This test is challenging and some people don't pass it.

DOK is may be as hard as the DIAD test. You have to stand up in class and recite this stuff word for word. And you have to be able to recite this stuff on one of your supervised rides.

browniehound

Most importantly drive safely when with the group and know the DOK questions. When you are a driver this will be required knowledge. If you know it cold you will stand out of everyone in the class and will be on your way in passing with flying colors. Good luck,
Brownie

brownrodster

5 seeing habits

Aim High in Steering
· Imaginary target — baseball/dart board.
· Centers car in traffic lane. Safe path on turns.
· “Find a safe path well ahead.”

Get the Big Picture
· How wide and deep? What’s in it? Objects and ground.
· Keeps you away from billboards. Smooth stops and turns. Buys time.
· “Stay back and see it all.”

Keep Your Eyes Moving
· Move eyes. Front: 2 seconds. Rear: 5-to-8 seconds.
· Keeps you alive at intersections. Keeps eyes ahead of car.
· “Scan — don’t stare.”

Leave Yourself an Out
· Have an escape out. Take path of least resistance.
· Space on all four sides, but always in front.
· “Be prepared. Expect the unexpected.”

Make Sure They See You
· Communicate in traffic — horn, lights, signals.
· Establishes eye-to-eye contact.
· “Don’t gamble. Use your horn, lights, and signals.”

brownrodster

The Five Keys to Preventing Slips and Falls

1. Walk at a brisk pace; do not run.
  • Move at a steady pace between tasks, but never run to accomplish the task.
2. Establish firm footing and maintain your balance.
  • <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0pt 36pt 0pt 0pt; tab-stops: list 36.0pt; mso-list: l2 level1 lfo3">The surfaces and conditions you work on are subject to change. Be alert to these changes and adjust your stance and the length of your step based on the environment. Surfaces conditions of concern could include liquid, ice, snow, and grease. <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0pt 36pt 0pt 0pt; tab-stops: list 36.0pt; mso-list: l2 level1 lfo3">Work shoes must have slip-resistant soles to increase the friction between the shoe and the walking surface.
  • Use the handrail. Handrails help you keep your balance.
3. Do not walk on conveyor rollers, chutes, and slides.
  • <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0pt 36pt 0pt 0pt; tab-stops: list 36.0pt 54.0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo4">These surfaces are designed to move packages; not people.
  • Stay off of unsecured belts.
4. Look before stepping
  • <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0pt 36pt 0pt 0pt; tab-stops: list 36.0pt; mso-list: l3 level1 lfo5">Look before stepping on or off vehicles, docks, and other surfaces. <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0pt 36pt 0pt 0pt; tab-stops: list 36.0pt; mso-list: l3 level1 lfo5">Scan for obstacles or spills in your pathway.
  • Do not step blindly.
5. Make adjustments for changing conditions
  • Weather can make walking or climbing surfaces slippery. Wind storms can spread debris that present trip hazards.

brownrodster

The Eight Keys to Lifting and Lowering

Following these eight key steps minimizes and controls forces acting on the body when lifting or lowering.

1. Get close to the object; work within your Power Zone.

• <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0pt 9pt 0pt 0pt; tab-stops: list 36.0pt; mso-list: l7 level1 lfo2">Keep the object within your Power Zone.
  • Bring the object into your Power Zone by pulling or sliding it toward your stomach.

2. Position your feet.
  • Your feet should be approximately shoulder-width apart, with one foot slightly ahead of the other so you can lift between your knees. This not only maximizes your ability to keep an object close, but also gives you the best balance to handle the motion.

3. Bend at the knees and keep the natural curve of the back.
  • <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0pt 9pt 0pt 0pt; tab-stops: list 36.0pt; mso-list: l5 level1 lfo4">Remember, the muscles in your legs are the strongest in the body. Bending at the knees maximizes use of these muscles.
  • Keeping the natural curve of the back minimizes forces applied to it.

4. Test the object for weight and shifting contents.
  • Tilt or slide the object to test its weight.
5. Get a firm grip and grasp opposite corners.
  • <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0pt 9pt 0pt 0pt; tab-stops: list 36.0pt; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo6">Grasp the top corner with one hand and the opposite, bottom corner with the other hand. This causes the object to come to a resting position in the Power Zone during a lift and reduces the potential to use a jerking motion.
  • Avoid grasping by straps and bands as they might break or result in a cut/laceration to the hand.

6. Lift with a smooth, steady motion; don’t jerk.
  • Let all the muscles work together when lifting or lowering an object.

7. Move your feet. Step or pivot; don’t twist.
  • Feet are used to change direction. If you try to change direction without moving your feet, you are forced into an end-range position. To avoid a twist, take at least one step.

8. Use the existing equipment or facilities to assist in the lift or lower.
  • <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0pt 9pt 0pt 0pt; tab-stops: list 36.0pt; mso-list: l3 level1 lfo8">Look for opportunities when existing equipment or facilities can support all or most of the weight of the object being handled. The less time you spend bearing the weight of the object the better.
  • Know your limitations in regards to how much you can comfortably lift and seek assistance from others when necessary

brownrodster

rules for backing

Best Practices
· Back only when necessary. Evaluate and assess the area. If you must back, back immediately and to the driver’s side.
· Before and during backing, scan the areas your vehicle will be approaching.
· Tap your horn continuously to signal your intentions.
· Avoid blindside backing, which causes your vehicle to move to the right and block your line of sight.
· Never back into driveways and be aware of children in residential areas after every delivery.
· Use the rear-view camera monitor as a third mirror.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
10 point commentary
1. 1 car length in front of you when stopped in traffic.
2. Look left right left at all intersections.
3. 1, 2, 3, second delay at start up.
4. 4-6 seconds speeds < 30mph
6-8 seconds speeds > 30 mph
FOLLOWING DISTANCE
5. 5-8 seconds check mirrors
6. Scan steering wheels. Look for signs of movement
7. Stale green light. Set a point of decision.
8. 8-12 seconds EYE-LEAD-TIME.
9. Pulling from a curb, look over your left shoulder.
10. Eye to eye contact.

Mike Hawk

· Never back into driveways and be aware of children in residential areas after every delivery.

I thought you were suposed to back into a driveway to turn around rather than nose in?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
keys to being a great u.p.s driver!!!!
1 go very slow through elementry school zones[poss hot milf around]
2 steer with knee when drinking hot coffee and lighting up a nice butt!
3 keep your eyes moving,very important at stop lights,car next to you may have'' hot'' driver !!very important in feeders
4 never D.R sex toys
5 always ask a hot woman on street if she knows [make up a name] the time ,where i could get drink ,where str. is ,anything to flirt!!
6 wave at the biggest girl you can find,at least once a day!!! this will make her feel good and make ups look good [may even lead to a sales lead]