What is your best response to this question...

25yrvet

"Hey Vet, what's in the box"?

"I don't know, it's from WWW"

"WWW"?

"Yea, Wonda's wholesale whips".

That usually puts an end to them asking what's in the box.

F

Flak Catcher

This reminds me of the story about a first grader who carried a package up to his teacher's desk at Christmas time. It had liquid leaking out of it so she dipped her finger in it, tasted it and said: "Let me guess what's in the box. Is it Scotch?"

"No", he said, so she tasted it again and asked: "Is it beer?"

"No", he replied, "It's a PUPPY!"

AirDriverAmy

I'm just delivering this package. If the customer ask me more than twice, I ask them if they wish to refuse the package.
Senior driver's out there......what would you suggest to limit all of the who's it from, what is it, ect...

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
Like someone else stated it depends on my mood. I'll either look at the return address or say its a big or little box. I try to not be impolite but its hard sometimes. You'd like to say " Well......... you ordered it didn't you?"

browniehound

Its amazing that we are refering to the general public as being total idiots. I call it the "dumbing of America". I ask, who are we? People who stand there and ask a total stranger "what is it" when the package is addressed to said person:confused:1.

Another disturbing comment is from the receptionist who says "are you UPS? A gal in the office told me to hand this to UPS, are you them?".:confused:1:confused:1

Its funny that this topic is active because I got a refreshing comment (for once) from a residential customer today. I was delivering to an apartment complex and needed a signature. A man and his 3 year-old daughter anwsered the door. This man was not born in the US but his kid was. The adorable 3-year old blurts out, as soon as I get buzzed in, "What is it?"

This man, born on foriegn soil, says what everyone in this forum wants every customer to think: "Sweety he doesn't know" (speaking to his daughter). Funny thing is, I did know what it was because it said "gevalia" on the box.

If people would just get their heads out of their butts, they would realize how stupid they sound when they say certain things!

Cementups

Box Monkey
Funny thing is, I did know what it was because it said "gevalia" on the box.

Gevalia's are usually BASIC service though and are allowed to be DR'ed everywhere. just wondering why you were waiting for sig, unless it was the rare large Ground Gevalia boxes containing the coffee maker.:confused:1