What is your personal theology?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Uh huh....I don't think I misunderstand theology.....talking/thinking/studying....about God....

I just don't....The Universe is far more complicated than organized taught religion/theology......

Say, wasn't the question: "What is your personal theology?"

And I believe you don't get to qualify/quantify that....

And to be fair.....since theology/religion is purely based on beliefs....never facts...it has to be.....opinion. It can never be proven....so far.

See....God is a "made up" concept.......last time I looked...
I appreciate you sharing your personal theology.

So my understanding of your personal theology is to not think about God for one and secondly your thinking about God is that God is a made up concept.

I assume you mean God is a man-made concept. Is that correct?

quad decade guy

I appreciate you sharing your personal theology.

So my understanding of your personal theology is to not think about God for one and secondly your thinking about God is that God is a made up concept.

I assume you mean God is a man-made concept. Is that correct?
Yes, a man-made construct. A narrative designed to "fill in" the gaps of information. Such as- the earth was once thought to be flat.....that type of thing....heaven, hell etc.

So, "thinking" about God would require a suspension of reality(my opinion). See, if you "believe" in God, then there is a whole industry dedicated to that end. Don't believe? Then you simply go about your day unencumbered....Simple really...

Integrity

Binge Poster
Yes, a man-made construct. A narrative designed to "fill in" the gaps of information. Such as- the earth was once thought to be flat.....that type of thing....heaven, hell etc.

So, "thinking" about God would require a suspension of reality(my opinion). See, if you "believe" in God, then there is a whole industry dedicated to that end. Don't believe? Then you simply go about your day unencumbered....Simple really...
Well said.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
F1BD68C8-1E96-43AF-808A-E546B45EE0E7.jpeg

Integrity

Binge Poster

@quad decade guy,

This question is not meant to be interrogatory or challenging to your personal theology. It I s just meant as a discussion regarding your personal theology.

Within your personal theology you state your belief that God is a man-made concept.

So if man made God what accounts for who made man or in other words what theory do you hold as to where man came from.

quad decade guy

@quad decade guy,

This question is not meant to be interrogatory or challenging to your personal theology. It I s just meant as a discussion regarding your personal theology.

Within your personal theology you state your belief that God is a man-made concept.

So if man made God what accounts for who made man or in other words what theory do you hold as to where man came from.
Ahh....the circular argument....

It's interesting....I spent some time this week listening to podcasts going down the road(a huge perk of my run).

I chose basically: What is outside of the Universe? Or where/how did the Universe form/come from etc.

Short version.......WE DON"T KNOW or at least can't prove it.....See, we can insert God into that question.....and ultimately....we conclude that we just don't know. Oh, theories abound and equations are written......

See, I'm a fence sitter. As in....Is the grass really greener on that side? I admire those that claim to know and have "the answer" of God and our origins. We'll leave out the proof part.....

Directly to your question: I can't. Nor can you.