Religious question for discussion.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Can you give an instance that you felt that "God" told you to do something that contradicts what the Bible teaches?
The role of women and supposed biblical teaching regarding the restrictions that God supposedly places on them that is taught at my church is a supposed biblical teaching that I am cannot reconcile as correct.

I believe God does not want women minimized or marginalized in any way in the churches or outside of the churches. I think any job, role, or position in or outside of the church is open to women.

Last edited:

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
He listens to the voices in his head. What could go wrong?
When your prayers are answered, and you realize the source of those answers, then yes, God speaks. A conversant is expected to listen. Perhaps your lack of humility interferes with your hearing.

I think it's funny that people believe in a "god" that has the power to create the universe and all living things but, let's children get raped, tortured and murdered because why? Because "god doesn't interfere with free will" but, you think god will answer your frivolous prayer for help on some bs like bills or a job or whatever is way less serious than children getting raped, tortured and murdered, isn't answering your prayers for help interfering with free will? If I end up meeting a "god" we're gonna have some words for sure.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I think it's funny that people believe in a "god" that has the power to create the universe and all living things but, let's children get raped, tortured and murdered because why? Because "god doesn't interfere with free will" but, you think god will answer your frivolous prayer for help on some bs like bills or a job or whatever is way less serious than children getting raped, tortured and murdered, isn't answering your prayers for help interfering with free will? If I end up meeting a "god" we're gonna have some words for sure.
Where and in what do you put your faith and/or trust?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
A discussion requires the rational consideration of your opponent’s argument, followed by acquiescence or reasoned rejection.

You don’t discuss. Your questions are asked in order to attack.

I choose to not participate in enabling you.
That's because with just one question about the passage reveals your interpretation of the promise being for all believers in John 14:26 is wrong.
There is no attack. My questions are asked to get to the truth. This isn't about me. It's about you refusing to answer because it would show your position wrong.
The Pharisees were silenced many times by the Lord's questions. Your running away and refusing to discuss your claim has been done before.

Last edited:

Integrity

Binge Poster
That's because with just one question about the passage reveals your interpretation of the promise being for all believers in John 14:26 is wrong.
There is no attack. This isn't about me. It's about you refusing to answer because it would show your position wrong.
The Pharisees were silenced many times by the Lord's questions. Your running away and refusing to discuss your claim has been done before.
I disagree with your position regarding your interpretation of the meaning of this Bible verse.

BrownFlush

Maybe, maybe the Apostles imperfections came through in some of His writing, maybe he misunderstood, miscommunicated or maybe the Apostle was simply wrong.

I don’t believe God dictated the Bible.
With this position, why would anyone care what you thought about any passage in the Bible?

BrownFlush

I know what I said. Thanks

What about you @BrownFlush,

Do you believe God dictated the Bible?

I thought you believed God inspired the Bible?
You really never picked that up? I don't believe you don't know the answer.

Read it for yourself, again. But again, let's remember, God never dictated this, and this is probably a place where Paul got it wrong. lol smh
"All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work."- Timothy 3: 16-17

Unlike you, I believe what is written and who the writer was.

Integrity

Binge Poster
With this position, why would anyone care what you thought about any passage in the Bible?
So you do believe God dictated the Bible.

I always thought we were at least in agreement that God was the source of inspiration for the imperfect men who wrote the manuscripts that were selected by the imperfect men who selected them for inclusion in the Bible.

I never knew you believed God dictated the words to the various authors.

Integrity

Binge Poster
You really never picked that up? I don't believe you don't know the answer.

Read it for yourself, again. But again, let's remember, God never dictated this, and this is probably a place where Paul got it wrong. lol smh
"All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work."- Timothy 3: 16-17

Unlike you, I believe what is written and who the writer was.
Wow this is new teaching.

I learned all those authors of the manuscripts for nothing?

I wish I was taught as you, it would have made learning the various authors of the Bible much simpler.

Do you believe it is possible for anyone to believe in the God but not believe in the Bible?