What is your personal theology?

Integrity

Binge Poster
With all the Religions of the world, with all the theories and “systems” of theology the ultimate reality that I have experienced and have come to accept as truth for me is that I have to personally decide what I believe or don’t believe about God.

Even if I decide to believe he doesn’t factor, count in my life or even exist at all.

I have decided long ago that he does factor, count in my life and I certainly believe God.

The word “theology” literally means “thinking about God.”

When you think about God what is your personal theology?

My theology has IMO evolved.

My theology or thoughts about God have basically originated from 3 distinct systems of theology.

My theology has become basically a blend or hybrid of the 3 systems.

I firmly believe “faith” however real and true it is to me is not fact, it is faith and however true and real my faith or my theology is to me that doesn’t mean I can or should force you to agree with my thoughts about God or “theology” about God or belittle anyone for not believing as I do. You can believe differently from this and that is your right, you have a right to your personal “thoughts about God” which literally means you have a right to your “personal theology.”

What'dyabringmetoday???

With all the Religions of the world, with all the theories and “systems” of theology the ultimate reality that I have experienced and have come to accept as truth for me is that I have to personally decide what I believe or don’t believe about God.

Even if I decide to believe he doesn’t factor, count in my life or even exist at all.

I have decided long ago that he does factor, count in my life and I certainly believe God.

My theology or thoughts about God have basically originated from 3 distinct systems of theology.

I firmly believe “faith” however real and true it is to me is not fact, it is faith and however true and real my faith or my theology is to me that doesn’t mean I can or should force you to agree with my thoughts about God or “theology” about God or belittle anyone for not believing as I do. You can believe differently from this and that is your right, you have a right to your personal “thoughts about God” which literally means you have a right to your “personal theology.”
I thought talking about politics and religion was "taboo".

Integrity

Binge Poster
I thought talking about politics and religion was "taboo".
No taboo to me.

You?

I have found that talking about spiritual and issues important to society at large can be most beneficial if done in a serious, mature and open minded way.

IMO Talking about anything becomes a problem when done in an arrogant, prideful, closed minded, and immature way.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Is that so?

Why do you try to control the content on the BC by your criticism and insults?
That’s your opinion strange person.
The one who attempts to “control” is the weak people like you hiding behind that naive, out of touch persona.
It’s really pathetic...

Integrity

Binge Poster
Dude.....your strange comments and posts allow you to “assassinate” your own character.
What is that character anyway?
A Puritan from the La La Land???? LOL
You continue to insult yet offer nothing to meaningful discussion. I prefer my approach to posting than yours. You unkindliness speaks volumes.

Integrity

Binge Poster
So, that’s an insult to the “Integrity” character??? LOL
What are your other characters?

@Lineandinitial,

Anything?

If not then why don’t you just be on your way to a more worthwhile discussion.

Peace.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The Church of Reality is a religion based on the practice of Realism, which is a dedication to the pursuit of the understanding of objective Reality. Our motto is, "If it's real, we believe in it." Since no one knows all of Reality, the Church of Reality is a religious commitment to the pursuit of Reality the way it really is.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real

Integrity

Binge Poster
The Church of Reality is a religion based on the practice of Realism, which is a dedication to the pursuit of the understanding of objective Reality. Our motto is, "If it's real, we believe in it." Since no one knows all of Reality, the Church of Reality is a religious commitment to the pursuit of Reality the way it really is.

Interesting read. Thanks.

MrBates

I believe that there is a God. Something just doesn't come out of nothing. As for which religion is right....I have doubts about them all. Seems like man ran off with the idea of God and used religion to control people. For all I know, the Bible could've been yesterday's newspaper, and I don't believe everything in the news. Carlin gave a pretty good argument against God in this comedy bit which really messed with my head for quite a while.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I believe that there is a God. Something just doesn't come out of nothing. As for which religion is right....I have doubts about them all. Seems like man ran off with the idea of God and used religion to control people. For all I know, the Bible could've been yesterday's newspaper, and I don't believe everything in the news. Carlin gave a pretty good argument against God in this comedy bit which really messed with my head for quite a while.

Laughed my ass off ,, see you in hell George Carlin & @MrBates 😂😂