Religious question for discussion.

Integrity

Binge Poster
You’re a walking and talking contradiction.
I don’t agree with your assessment.
Like I said to @Darmark7 , if we can’t discuss an issue using the Bible as the authoritative standard and appeal to it for the answer God wants, I’m out.
The Holy Spirit of God is my authority I listen to Him above everything I bring all my appeals for answer to Him.
Anyone can say and claim anything, like you have. People do it all the time.
I agree.
But, like many, what you claim is not supported by God’s Word at all.
It is supported by His word to me through His Holy Spirit. Whether you believe it or not changes nothing.
But, since you say God didn’t dictate the Bible and the Apostles got it wrong,
Do you believe God dictated the Bible?

Do you believe the Apostles were perfect?
there can be no discussion.
Ok.
According to you , just “really and truly believe
According to me, listen to God, not man.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I don’t agree with your assessment.

The Holy Spirit of God is my authority I listen to Him above everything I bring all my appeals for answer to Him.

I agree.

It is supported by His word to me through His Holy Spirit. Whether you believe it or not changes nothing.

Do you believe God dictated the Bible?

Do you believe the Apostles were perfect?

Ok.

According to me, listen to God, not man.
1667015265612.png

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The scriptures you reject teaches that "personal and direct revelation from God" ended 2000 years ago.
You may "feel" he speaks to you all day. God has not said one word to you directly or personally. He speaks to you like he does everybody else, through His Word.

The Bible teaches that direct revelation has ended. But, if you reject that, look around at all those who claim direct revelation.
Popes and Mormon Presidents receiving differing "revelations " about the same thing. God has changed his mind about blacks being in the priesthood (Mormon '67) and God has changed his mind about homosexuality. Sure thing. Who can believe it?

People like you believing and announcing they are receiving direct revelations and communication from God - that God is talking to them, do so much harm to the truth. People claiming God told them this or to do that. No wonder the world thinks "religious" people are nut jobs.
If the Bible is an all-sufficient, finished, once-delivered guide for man as it claims to be, there cannot be additional revelation to you or anyone else. If God is saying anything beyond the New Testament, then it is not sufficient and finished - God's revelation was given "once." The Bible is our all-sufficient guide.
Obviously you reject the Holy Spirit and His works. John 14:26 applies to all believers.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
The scriptures you reject teaches that "personal and direct revelation from God" ended 2000 years ago.
You may "feel" he speaks to you all day. God has not said one word to you directly or personally. He speaks to you like he does everybody else, through His Word.

The Bible teaches that direct revelation has ended. But, if you reject that, look around at all those who claim direct revelation.
Popes and Mormon Presidents receiving differing "revelations " about the same thing. God has changed his mind about blacks being in the priesthood (Mormon '67) and God has changed his mind about homosexuality. Sure thing. Who can believe it?

People like you believing and announcing they are receiving direct revelations and communication from God - that God is talking to them, do so much harm to the truth. People claiming God told them this or to do that. No wonder the world thinks "religious" people are nut jobs.
If the Bible is an all-sufficient, finished, once-delivered guide for man as it claims to be, there cannot be additional revelation to you or anyone else. If God is saying anything beyond the New Testament, then it is not sufficient and finished - God's revelation was given "once." The Bible is our all-sufficient guide.
Period

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Obviously you reject the Holy Spirit and His works. John 14:26 applies to all believers.
No, it does not.
“These things I have spoken to you while I am still with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you. -John 14:25-26

Tell me how much and what Jesus said to you that the Holy Spirit had to miraculously brinng into your remembrance?
I can tell you how much he had to bring into my remembrance. None. Why? Jesus never said a word to me.

This was directed to and for the Apostles only. John 14:26 was fulfilled in Acts 2.

Integrity

Binge Poster
No, it does not.
God the Holy Spirit tells me that it does.

Who told you that it does not?
“These things I have spoken to you while I am still with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you. -John 14:25-26

Tell me how much and what Jesus said to you that the Holy Spirit had to miraculously brinng into your remembrance?
Jesus spoke to me and still does through His radical teaching, His love and personally through the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit often reminds me of Jesus’s teachings and His love.
I can tell you how much he had to bring into my remembrance. None. Why? Jesus never said a word to me.
I am truly sorry to hear that.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
No, it does not.

This was directed to and for the Apostles only. John 14:26 was fulfilled in Acts 2.
That's because you're a Pharisee.