what is your UPS career route?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Started fall of 2004 unload then sort isle before my 30 days were up. Ft driver summer 2006. How long I stay likely depends on if I land a art 22 or not.

Rainman

Its all good.
Part time in 79, package in 85. May hang around till I get my teenagers out of the house, unless I can find something before then to make up the difference between what I'm making and what I'll be drawing.
Knowing that I can leave whenever I want is nice, though. My management team is a little jealous I think. Fortunately, this is one of the best teams I've ever worked for. Although not good enough to want me to stay if circumstances allowed me to leave.

Wizzy

They tried to call me off after 31 days in late Oct of 1977-part time on evening sort. Showed up with my Union card card and went preload in 80, driver in 84 and walking out in 2016 if they don't run me out sooner! Only applied for unemployment once in my life and was denied, wouldn't mind drawing a couple of months while my retirement papers clear! Orion hit our center this week that might be the deal breaker-haha!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I know what you're saying. But, trust me, never try home-smoked cheese that hasn't been sealed up and aged for a few weeks.

Nasty, nasty!
Apparently you don't actually make the cheese, just smoke store bought cheese? I need to add a smoker to my repertoire.

brownmvp

I was born 11/89 u guys got more yrs of service than my yrs of life! Nothing but RESPECT for u guys! Started 2008 as PT preloader. Became a TCD last month. Going FT in 2 weeks or so. Goal hit 25 yrs driving. (30+ yrs altogether) Despite the negatives w/ this job i look forward to having a good healthy career.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I was born 11/89 u guys got more yrs of service than my yrs of life! Nothing but RESPECT for u guys! Started 2008 as PT preloader. Became a TCD last month. Going FT in 2 weeks or so. Goal hit 25 yrs driving. (30+ yrs altogether) Despite the negatives w/ this job i look forward to having a good healthy career.
You will. All the whining is just venting.

calcio56

Started local sort pt July 2013. full time package car April 2014. No plans but to survive and maybe bid for feeders in a decade or two.